3rd person games play great with Vorpx + VR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 3rd person games play great with Vorpx + VR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Distant
    Participant

Please give more priority to 3rd person games (providing profiles). They are great with 3D stereoscopic without VR. I bought Vorpx because of its G3D, not VR and I think many pp bought Vorxp and play these games also have a appreciation for them.

The majority of AAA games are not VR and a good chunk of them are 3rd person while AAA VR titles are as rare as falling leaves in Springs. Vorpx should capitalize on this fact and build up its library of “life size stereoscopic” games.

Personally I’d prefer playing 3rd games with Vorpx + VR, I like to see the character play out its actions and interactions with its surrounding, the lifesize is so impressive and give a feeling of being a participant & observer at the same time. In its own immersion, 3rd person games is not unequalled to VR AAA titles and way better than less quality VR ones.

I’ve tried only a few games in Vorxp with my Rift HMD, all 3rd person games and I’m totally convinced it’s the next level in stereoscopic gaming bringing immersive level to height that other method using monitor/projector just cannot reach. Rise of the Tomb Raider silences me with joy, House of the dying Sun turns me into a rambling man and Remember me made me as happy as a little girl. The effects are so powerful and I feel like a world, traveller a witness of lives while playing and afterwards.

So please, Ralf, give these 3rd person games more love dude.
    Cheers and prosper to you with much appreciation for a game changing app.

zahncisten
    Participant

I truly enjoy 3rd person games as well, and there are many in VorpX already that work great. I’m super excited about the next update in the future as well, there are some great things coming. I hope you keep exploring the profiles already waiting to be enjoyed. Excelsior! Lol.

Distant
    Participant

what’s in the planned update ? secrets stuff ? :) you are peaking my curiosity my friend.

i’m still hoping to get witcher 1 and 2 going 3d if you have any idea pls share.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked Witcher 1, works fine here. Will look into Witcher 2, don’t have it installed currently, should definitely have G3D.

If the default 3D effect is not strong enough for your taste, you can adjust it in the vorpX ingame menu (‘3D Strength/Scale’).

Be aware though that raising the 3D-Strength affects they perceived scale, raising it above the usually roughly realistic default will make the game look like a miniature scene. For comparison: a 3D strength of 5.0 (the max.) makes the game look as if you would be a giant with eyes 30cm apart in reality.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Witcher 2 Geometry 3D was indeed broken. An updated profile that restores it is available from the cloud.

You can download cloud profiles in the config app.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I was about to try this.

vorpX is currently the only way I enjoy my games now. Even Z-normal looks great for third person games. I’m currently still playing through Assasin’s Creed Odyssey and the new Tomb Raider as well. I agree, TR is excellent in 3D!

Already planning to revisit Witcher 3, and play Witcher 2 for the first time.

Two more I’ve been trying to hook lately but so far only crash: Metal Gear Solid 5 and Mafia 3. But I’ll keep trying :) .

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dellrifter: both prominent entries on the currently-no-way-list. Mafia 3 crashes somewhere in its menu/UI renderer as soon as vorpX hooked into it. MGS5 launches itself a second time after initially starting the game, which breaks the vorpX hook. The latter issue is probably not too hard to address. If the day just had 25 hours…

Both can at least be played in 2D using the desktop viewer with disabled watcher.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Ha, at first I read that as currently-on-the-way-list.

The Mafia 3 demo used to hook into game world when I tried last year, I just could never get any 3D. Trying both demo and retail now crashes after said load menu. Thanks for the heads up though. Now I know I should stop trying.

Distant
    Participant

Just checked Witcher 1, works fine here. Will look into Witcher 2, don’t have it installed currently, should definitely have G3D.

my bad, I tried W2 seeing it’s not engaged with 3D and assumed W1 would be the same.

Distant
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks dude.

Witcher 2 Geometry 3D was indeed broken. An updated profile that restores it is available from the cloud.

You can download cloud profiles in the config app.

zahncisten
    Participant

@ Distant if you want a great 3rd Person game with an awesome storyline and incredible (totally awesome) G3D, you should check out Dragon Age: Origins (Make sure to get the Ultimate Edition if you don’t have it already). I am replaying DA:O just because of VorpX. It is so awesome. And one more reason to get excited, with the next update, we’re supposed to be getting Dragon Age: Inquisition (AKA Dragon Age 3) in G3D! I can’t wait.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dellrifter: The Mafia 3 demo hint was extremely useful! Can’t promise G3D (probably not), but there will at least be a Z3D profile for Mafia 3 in the next vorpX version.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Oh nice! Sounds great.

Distant
    Participant

I don’t have this game yet but holiday games sale is upon us soon, i’ll look out for it on steam. I agree, Vorxp changes the nature of 3rd person gaming for good, I’m also planning to revisit many old favorite games, Vorpx renews and reinvigorates my interest in gaming again after a long stretch of away time. Just a few days ago I was looking for a 4k projector with 1K x 120Hz 3D capacity for gaming but with Vorxp that is no longer necessary and i can live with the old bq w1070 just for the bluray 3d, for gaming i just need a better headset and save a lot of money. Inquisition graphics looks much better than the old Origins, should I just start with Inquisition ?

@ Distant if you want a great 3rd Person game with an awesome storyline and incredible (totally awesome) G3D, you should check out Dragon Age: Origins (Make sure to get the Ultimate Edition if you don’t have it already). I am replaying DA:O just because of VorpX. It is so awesome. And one more reason to get excited, with the next update, we’re supposed to be getting Dragon Age: Inquisition (AKA Dragon Age 3) in G3D! I can’t wait.

sapolettos
    Participant

try mad max!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!