3rd person games play great with Vorpx + VR

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 3rd person games play great with Vorpx + VR

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Distant
    Participant

Which Mad Max is it ?
    I was looking on steam and there are two Mad Max games published in 2015. Mad Max Fury Road by Kennedy Miller Mitchell Village production with 99 Very positive reviews and Mad Max developed by Avalance Studios with 20K positive reviews.

<p class=”cye-lm-tag”>try mad max!

sapolettos
    Participant

mad max from avalanche: now is 4.99 euros on steam.

Distant
    Participant

thanks, downloading, one more in the backlog.

zahncisten
    Participant

@ Distant If I were me, and I am, I would totally start with DAO, and play through to DA2 on finally inquisition. the game builds on itself and saves from each game transfer over. It’s pretty awesome, and all the games are great. Each is fairly standalone, so you don’t *have* to play them through in the series, but there is a large story that’s kindof neat to see unfold.
    I totally agree about the purchase of new equipment. I was planning on getting new equipment, but after I found VorpX, forget that! All I need is my HMD! I’m happy with my old monitor just fine. I don’t use anything but VorpX anymore. And its totally worth it.
    The other day I was tempted to go on about how awesome it was to travel through the deeproads of Orzammar (DA:O) in VorpX. It was mindblowing. You get used to the G3D, but then it just creeps up on you how awesome this is. VorpX just blows me away. This is the way games are meant to be played. Seriously. Anyway, have fun! Lol 😜

zahncisten
    Participant

@ distant lol DA:O Ultimate edition is only 7.49 on steam. No pressure, but it is totally worth it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/Dragon_Age_Origins__Ultimate_Edition/

Distant
    Participant

Yep, downloaded too, backlogging both for now, I’m still on Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of Tomb Raider, Witcher 2 and Remember Me. Feel free to recommend more of your favorite 3rd person games pls since many sites are on sale right now.
    I got DAO Ultimate at GOG for 5 dollars.

<p class=”cye-lm-tag”>@ distant lol DA:O Ultimate edition is only 7.49 on steam. No pressure, but it is totally worth it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/Dragon_Age_Origins__Ultimate_Edition/

zahncisten
    Participant

Nice! Even better. You could always go for Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. All are great and on sale.

Distant
    Participant

Nice! Even better. You could always go for Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. All are great and on sale.

deal is a deal eh :)
    already got ME trilogy and plan to revisit them with vorpx soon. I really like games with good level design like Witcher series or/and with a colorful palette like Remember Me and Sunset overdrive.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short moderator intervention, sorry: there are no written post guidelines anywhere, so this is my fault. Please avoid full quotes, especially when answering a post directly above. Such quotes are largely redundant and make threads harder to read. Thanks.

To add something more interesting to the discussion: the Dark Souls games work quite well, same for the Dead Space series, also Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (Arkham Knight following in the next update). And if you like something a bit out of the ordinary: Psychonauts, Bayonetta, Alice Madness Returns.

zahncisten
    Participant

Oh man, I couldn’t imagine playing Dead Space in VorpX. That would be awesome and terrifying all balled up into one, lol.

RJK_
    Participant

I am huge fan of 3rd person games as well. Some “older” ones that come on my mind, Arcania, Divinity 2, Hellgate: London (if you like HUGE monsters and extremely noisy fights, probably my favorite game so far), Avatar (riding the dragon makes you feel like youre actually flying, crazy experience), Cursed Mountain (Adventure), Damnation, Dark Sector (IIRC), Game of Thrones , Hunted: The Demons Force, Rise of the Argonauts, Turok (2008), Torchlight .. Two Worlds of coarse, Velvet Assassin.

RJK_
    Participant

Ive updated my personal profile list so someone can do a genre research an that, If i get enough feedback through the Engine List (i just dont know every game, please send a short message like “Witcher 2, 3rd Person, RPG ect. ) i will then create a genre research for the official profiles as well.

zahncisten
    Participant

That list is awesome, RJK_, thanks! I’ve been thinking about having some genre sorting in VorpX. That is great.

Divinity 2 is definitely a great choice. The 3D interpretation in that game is so well done.

dborosev
    Participant

Yep, love me some 3D games (third or first person).

RJK_
    Participant

Hello guys, i have put an extended Genre List online this morning, containing the official games also. Please help updating the list by clicking on the red links, thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!