64-bit support

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 64-bit support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ccoleman
    Participant

Can vorpX hook 64 bit games or is it currently only 32 bit games?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX supports 32 and 64bit games.

ccoleman
    Participant

I can’t for the life of me get vorpX to work with the 64 bit version of WoW. And when I load the 32 bit version I get:

Head tracking init failed. Tracking will not be available. There might be other programs open that try to access the tracker. Also please check the USB connection of your Rift.

To which I’ve noticed Windows is now guiding my mouse with my head movements and I’m thinking that’s the issue with the head tracking error.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Is this DK2 related? Head tracking does not work on the DK2 with the current version of vorpX. Please check the DK2 first aid thread for additional information: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/using-vorpx-0-64-with-the-dk2/

The fully DK2 ready vorpX update will be available soon. Thanks for your patience.

ccoleman
    Participant

I’m using a DK1. I don’t have the DK2 yet.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In that case please make sure that

A. No other programs that access the Rift tracker (may also be a crashed one, rebooting would definitely help in that case), and

B. In case you have the new Oculus runtime installed, make sure that DK1 legace app support is installed, or uninstall the runtime. Tracker access is handled quite different now, so the runtime might cause a conflict.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!