A possible (and simple!) feature

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion A possible (and simple!) feature

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

So, I find I’m often wondering what time it is in the midst of playing. Mostly, I save, and then look at the load states to see when the file was saved so I can know what time it is. Maybe I’m the only one who wants to know what time it is without taking the HMD off, but I was wondering if the system time could display in the DEL menu, or maybe have an option to display the time in when the DEL menu is active? I’d definitely appreciate it.
    Thanks, Ralf. I use VorpX every day, and really enjoy it.

matteo39
    Participant

another interesting “function” would be to be able to “delete” a vorpx profile (which in any case remains in the cloud, if you want to resume) in order to use, via a custom profile, the original executable of the game in question. Currently, the existence of an official vorpx profile prevents custom profiles from using the exe of a game,and you have to bypass the problem by making a copy of the exe, and starting the game from it

RJK_
    Participant

@zahncisten
    I am not using Win8/10 and i havent had a chance to test the desktop viewer yet, but using this viewer you should be able to call up the windows clock while ingame.

zahncisten
    Participant

@RJK_
    I’m just guessing, but if you were using the Desktop Viewer wouldn’t that be taking processing power away from running the game? Like, I’m in game, wondering what time it is. I don’t really want to Alt-Tab out. Is there a voice command to request the time?

@matteo39

That was discussed in a previous thread, with Ralf responding:
    https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-remove-an-official-profile/#post-174370

RJK_
    Participant

Unfortunately i cant help you any further, may someone alse can answer that question.

Demosthenes
    Participant

There is no need to take off the headset to know the time.

Maybe you’ve never noticed but press the steam button on the vive or the occulus button on the rift and they will show you the system time in their respective menus.

zahncisten
    Participant

Thank you for that suggestion 😃. Sadly, 😢 I have a WMR headset. Actually, I really like the WMR headset. I’ll check and see if the steam button brings up the menu. However, I think VorpX disables the overlays. I’ll check though. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!