Alien Isolation WITH Oculus CV1

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Alien Isolation WITH Oculus CV1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Takoda
    Participant

OK, I so want to try out Alien isolation with my Oculus CV1 Everything seems to be working out, but a few hiccups seem to be troubling and I was wondering if I could get some help with settings.

1) the head tracking works ok, but as soon as I move (using the XBox pad that came with the Oculus) my head tracking stops. (game keeps going but now head tracking is not available)
    2) to get the proper zoom I end up with a letter box. Does anyone know what the Alien isolation FOV setting should be set at to allow me to select a 4:3 ratio?

Thanks for your help!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Might be one of the games that do not allow mouse (used for head tracking) and gamepad input at the same time. Probably solvable by using the vorpX gamepad emulation instead of the native gamepad support. You can configure it in the vorpX ingame menu.

FOV can be changed with an ini tweak: http://www.pcinvasion.com/how-to-increase-the-fov-in-alien-isolation-and-remove-intros

njaynl
    Participant

Just tried it:

Headtracking works indeed but when you turn your head the game seems to bend a little bit to to right or left… is there anything to solve that?

Fov is an issue i have set it to 100 but you are to high in the game…

can everyone share their vorpx settings for this game so we can build a good one?

Usvart
    Participant

I am using the Vive.

I notice the same. When turning the head, it feels like I am moving a bit.

I also see shadows just in the left eye.

btowntkd
    Participant

Any fix for the left/right eye shadows mismatch? It’s very disorienting. Geometry mode seems to have the best quality, aside from the shadows/lighting issue.

Matt
    Participant

I’m having to play set to z-normal or with the 3D turned way down to avoid the lighting issue as well. Everything is working fine except for those f#@&ing shadows. Excuse my language but I’ve now spent my whole Saturday tweaking this thing. I FINALLY have everything set the way I want it and there’s no fix for the shadows? I’m appreciative believe it or not. I would pay $40 for just Alien Iso in VR so ts not about the $$. This would’ve been a perfect launch title but instead we got Lucky’s Tale. I just want it fixed please help. Oculus CV1 latest version of Vorpx

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could you please describe the shadow issues you are experiencing in Z-Normal mode?

The Z-Buffer 3D mode doesn’t do anything that would influence the appearence of shadows in any way. Shadow mismatch is something that can happen with Geometry 3D, but not with Z3D.

Matt
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m able to play in Z-normal and z-adaptive just fine, but like you said Geometry 3d has the lighting issue. I’m really enjoying Alien Isolation in Z3D but I feel like Geometry has the best 3D effect and It bothers me that I can’t use it. Any suggestions or fixes?

Watchy
    Participant

I have the Vive and if i play with an external program for my gamepad tracking stop if i move (as reported)
    So as someone advised i tried with “vorpx gamepad emulation” and it does not work, i seem to have problems to save the config too…

How did you get this to work please? There should be something easier to verify if we can use vorpx gamepad emulation, some test program…

Watchy
    Participant

I have been able to play with my gamepad

First, i activated full gampepad emulation, not sure it was needed.
    Then, i modified in Keyboard controls, especially forwad/backward/left/right keys to my D-pad controls

I got this idea because my keyb wasn’t working anymore when i had my gamepad on

Matt
    Participant

After some initial frustration, I was able to get the best VR experience I’ve had so far out of Alien Isolation. I was only able to use Z3D (due to a lighting issue in G3D mode) and it was still just as good or even better than me some of the stuff available on the Oculus Store so far. I love The Climb, EVE is fun, and Elite Dangerous is great, but AI and Bioshock Infinite have great narratives and a lot more content. If you don’t mind tweaking some settings and following some tutorials, Vorpx is worth the money. If the lighting issue in Alien Isolation gets fixed in the future, I’ll play through the whole game again. Worth every penny. CV1

Matt
    Participant

I have Override Xbox controller set to “FULL”. I then map each button on my 360 controller to a corresponding key on the keyboard using the Vorpx in game menu (DEL key). Use the key bindings menu in the Alien isolation options for reference. Map EdgePeek to whatever button you want on the controller so you dont have to fumble around for your mouse with the Rift on. I click my left thumbstick to pull back into Edgepeek when needed and after a little bit of playing it really becomes a smooth experience. I use the d-pad to open the map. Just map the buttons to your liking and go. I have full head tracking and I can use the sticks to move as well. With the FOV set to 110-120 this game looks great even at the lower res. It really is very immersive. I jumped in my seat multiple times.

BattleBox
    Participant

but the z-modes are almost like playing it on a 2d monitor, geometry is far superior, i dont understand why they didnt make it a launch title for the rift at least, there was a working vr mode already, tested it out with dk2. and didnt play becasue i wanted to play it on a comsumer version hmd. and now this. are nvidia and ati users getting the shadow bug? ati + vive here

alexl
    Participant

Is the floor supposed to move / bend when you have head tracking enabled? This is both Geometry and z3d modes. Its very sickening

alexl
    Participant

…e.g. when you look up, the world bends down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!