All Out Issues?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion All Out Issues?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    InTafiir
    Participant

I can’t seem to get ANYTHING to run with this Vorpx.. I’ve tried reinstalling.. I’ve gone through the settings.. It just seems like the program doesn’t work in general.. I’m really not sure what to do.

More specifically for anyone who may ask, basically, it doesn’t seem like its hooking like the website is suggesting it does..

Ralf
    Keymaster

If this happens to multiple games in a similar fashion, there probably is a conflict with some other software on your PC that also hooks into games. Most likely candidates are: virus scanners, CPU/GPU utilities, video capture/streaming programs, chat programs that can show notifications in games and generally everything else that can display notifications in games.

The best way to trouble shoot such an issue is to disable/uninstall every background program that would not run on a fresh Windows install. Additional information can be found in the trouble shooting guide in the vorpX help.

InTafiir
    Participant

Any idea if there’s a list of programs that are known to cause issues? I’ve got a LOT on this PC.. only way to REALLY do disable/uninstall ever background program would be to literally reinstall windows..

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t need to uninstall every program on your PC. Just programs that are actually running can have an effect. Look out especially for the groups of programs mentioned above: virus scanners, CPU/GPU utilities, video capture/streaming programs, chat programs that can show notifications in games and generally everything else that can display notifications in games.

The trouble shooting guide in the help has a few more details and also contains additonal suggestions.

If you can’t solve the issue, you can create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app, which among other things contains a list of running programs. Send this to support |at| vorpx com. No promises, but we will take a look at it to check whether you may have overlooked something.

grflhuf
    Participant

Having very similar issues and already sent the log files to the support. No feedback at all so far.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ grflhuf : Please allow some time for an answer. Thanks for your patience. As far as I can tell you mailed on Thursday, it’s weekend now.

Since I’m at it, here’s the answer though: if I understand your mail correctly, vorpX worked fine for you and then suddenly stopped working. Since there were no changes to vorpX in the last days, it’s quite safe to assume that a change in your system caused the issue. In case of a suddenly occuring issue that wasn’t there before, the best cause of action generally is going back to a Windows system restore point from before the issue started to show using the Windows system restore functionality in the control panel. This makes it easy to get back to a working state and than isolate the issue causing incident from there.

Apart from that your process list shows BitDefender running, which is quite well known as a trouble maker, so that’s one you definitely might want to look into. It also might not really allow its users to fully disable it unless it is uninstalled.

InTafiir
    Participant

I had to disable Shadowplay to get it to work.. I should have realized. Love the program though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!