Alt+Tab breaks vorpx process attachment?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Alt+Tab breaks vorpx process attachment?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zhdun
    Participant

Hello, im new to vorpx. Sofar using it for Long Dark and Farming Simulator 19 with Valve Index.

Ive noticed that when i ALT+TAB to desctop while in vorpx, the picture freezes in VR. When i switch back to the game, it remains frozen, though on the monitor the game continues running normally. Its just like vorpx is losing attachment to the game and stays frozen. Is there a way to get around that and maybe somehow reattach it?

Ogrescar
    Participant

If your running fullscreen, switch to windowed or borderless.

zhdun
    Participant

forgot to mention, this happens also in windowed mode on losing focus to another window

Ogrescar
    Participant

Games do all kinds of inexplicable crap when you alt-tab away, if you even can – some games simply won’t let you, others crash, blah blah blah. Some work flawlessly with vorpx and others are a pain in the arse. As far as Vorpx is concerned, you’re essentially asking it to drop it’s hook and reacquire it because you decided to check your email mid-game.

If there’s absolutely something that you need to do after starting a game with vorpx, set a windows 10 shortcut, use antimicro to map some keystrokes to your controller, or something other than alt-tabbing if the game is misbehaving in that area. It’s almost always the game, not vorpx, that makes alt-tabbing an issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There have been quite a few reports like this recently, so I took a closer look today. Can’t make promises for every game out there due to what Ogrescar so fittingly desribes as ‘games do all kinds of inexplicable crap when you alt-tab away’, but unfortunately the current vorpX release does some crap on top of that for DX10+ games when using ALT-TAB while in fullscreen mode.

Will be fixed in the next release. For the majority of games fullscreen ALT+TAB (or more precisely any kind if window minimizing/maximizing) should work again after the next update without losing connection to the headset.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I’m sure everyone will appreciate your efforts. While I kind of advise people “not to do that”, I actually alt-tab out of games frequently, when I know it’s safe to do so. That you can do alt-tab at all, without losing your hook, is pretty amazing to me.

Now if we can get game developers to stop doing stupid stuff… I’ve been playing a game published in 2020 that keeps setting my game resolution to my desktop resolution every time I start it up or switch apps. Very annoying,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!