AMD FSR in ANY VR game . can we get this running with vorpx ?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion AMD FSR in ANY VR game . can we get this running with vorpx ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Monty
    Participant

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr

super genius tool. would be nice to see this running with vorpx

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Yeah, this kind of thing is becoming important very quickly. The current state of video cards is very much tipping the ‘bang for the buck’ equation towards AMD, and I’m already seeing slightly better availability on AMD GPUs as opposed to NVIDIA. It’s starting to look more like AMD will be the preferred choice soon, and not only that but might be available at MSRP sooner than NVIDIA cards will be. I know I’ve been considering switching from my 2080 Super to AMD because the AMD cards often include significantly more VRAM at any given price/performance point and I’m often right at the edge of my 8GB already, so being able to purchase a card from AMD with 16, rather than an NVIDIA card with 10 or 12 makes a lot of sense to me.

Of course, this could all turn around again any moment, but at least for now it looks very wise for every developer involved with VR to be working as hard as they can for full AMD compatibility.

As for FSR in particular; in theory it should work through vorpX? DLSS does, and ultimately this type of technology shouldn’t really be that big an issue as it’s all handled in the game rendering itself (that’s why games have to support it. At least, that’s my understanding.) Although, I suppose if it automatically adjusts the resolution on the fly that could really mess with depth-maps?

aaronth07
    Participant

Bumping this, fantastic tool, and we already have CAS. In UE4 games or games that support this already, this isn’t needed. But in those performance heavy games that don’t have TAAU or FSR, this would be fantastic. Of course, there is also lossless upscaling, but i’m not sure how well that works with VorpX (if at all).

Ralf
    Keymaster
    aaronth07
    Participant

Does that use FSR upscaling if you set a lower resolution in-game?

Ralf
    Keymaster
    onetoo
    Participant

Would you consider adding NVIDIA’s Image Scaling (NIS) solution as an alternative option? Looks like it delivers better results.

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr/releases/tag/fsr_v2.0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!