AMD Graphics card VorpX support

Homepage Forums Technical Support AMD Graphics card VorpX support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FrankHorigan
    Participant

Hi Ralph, i know you use nVidia hardware, i have RX6600 now. I have 3DTV, OculusQuest2…
    Do you also use modern AMD hardware to test VorpX app? thx Long live VR!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have a 5700XT here in a test box. Not totally top notch, but since it basically uses the same drivers and has the same feature set as the 6000 cards, it’s still sufficient for AMD checks.

Generally vorpX is designed to be completely vendor-independent. Pretty much the only significant disadvantage when using AMD GPUs is their very basic support for resolutions larger than the monitor res. While nVidia allows to set totally arbitrary custom resolutions easily, AMD only has a few predefined 16:9 custom resolutions, which is less than ideal for vorpX. That’s something only AMD could rectify unfortunately.

Apart from that there aren’t really any significant differences with AMD GPUs.

FrankHorigan
    Participant

Thank you. Have nice day..

FrankHorigan
    Participant

Hi Ralf, pls try to start any DX9 game with RX5700, I am writing this because of my problem – here, open screen…

All DX9 games dont work… :-/

Thank you

Ralf
    Keymaster

If vorpX can‘t hook into any d3d9 game at all, there probably is a hooking conflict with some other program on your PC.

if you haven‘t done so already, please first try the trouble shooting options that pop up in the „Attaching To…“ window after a minute or so. That can often help without having to find out what causes the conflict.

if you can‘t even see the „Attaching To..“ window or the trouble shooting options don‘t help, you have to dig deeper. The pinned trouble shooting post on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

FrankHorigan
    Participant

Profile works normally game run, I hear menumusic, but screen looks like….. :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dEfFQ0AOnxgkhEZb310QoB1gBaulr37H/view?usp=drivesdk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!