Any Direct X 8 profiles ? Dx8

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any Direct X 8 profiles ? Dx8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    rich0550
    Participant

looking to make custom profile using an existing game profile do they exist? or working? which would be a good one to try?

Thanks!

jeesssy
    Participant

I dont think directx 8 will work what game even uses that still _?

RJK_
    Participant

DX8 is not supported by VorpX, but with the DX8 to DX11 wrapper DGVoodoo2 http://dege.freeweb.hu you can try the factory profile named DGVoodoo2 or any other profile from the cloud that is marked with DGVoodoo2.

rich0550
    Participant

ill try thanks, how is it used? do i extract this? D3DCompiler_43 which has D3DCompiler_43.dll to where?
    thanks

a bit confusing looking through it
    http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/QuickGuide.html

RJK_
    Participant

Put
    d3d8.dll
    dgVoodoo.conf
    dgVoodoCpl.exe

in your game directory where the games executable is located.
    Depending on your game you can experiment with some settings , for example screen size in the dgvoovooCPL confid app.

rich0550
    Participant

thank you for that info, I will give it a go. do i need to rundgVoodoCpl.exe before starting the game or what will be running that program?

RJK_
    Participant

the cpl is only for configuration, the dll will be loaded automaticly.

rich0550
    Participant

Thank you for the advise

So I put
    D3D8.dll
    D3dI.dll
    DDraw.dll
    dgVoodoo.conf
    dgVoodoCpl.exe

from the MS32 director to the game folder. Also Ran the exe just for good measure and made sure it was pointing to the directory.

Also I added DGVoodo Vorpx profile to vorpex and put the everquest.exe game launcher copied profile.

The game runs with the DGVoodu watermark. But Vorpx is not hooking into it. No Vorpx message and no activity in the headset.

Did I miss a step? should I have taken the dll from the x64 folder in DgVoodo instead? If the game is running with DGVoodu shouldn’t Vorpx be able to hook it?

Thanks again in advance

RJK_
    Participant

Please add the executable of the game itself, not the launcher. You propably need to exclude the launcher from vorpx (vorpx config app).

Besides, are you shure your game is DX8 ? If youre game is before sep 1999 it should be DX6 only. With some luck DX7 if after sep 1999.
    For DX6 you need to try other profiles from the cloud like Shadowman or Dungeon Keeper 2 because Vorpx can not produce G3D with DX6, only Z3D in certain cases.

rich0550
    Participant

Hum,

I am using EQ Titanium Edition with EQEmulator. The release date for it was 2006. I think it is actually using Direct X 9. Does that change anything? Regarding using dgVoodoo2 or are there other things to try that might open up any options?

Thanks!

RJK_
    Participant

I can only guess around because i dont own the game. 2006 doesnt mean a game has been updated. As far i know the Titanium is a collection of the original games. Another thing you should do is to exclude from vorpx any exe for example the Emulator, that runs with the game.

You also may try vorpx alternate hooking method and/or create a vorpx shortcut to start the game. Dont point to the launcher, if possible point to the games executable. If you cant start the game directly, try at least the alternate hooking method (vorpx config app).

Thats all i can suggest. Sometimes vorpx just doesnt hook into a game. Please note DGVoodoo is an experimental thing and there absolutely no guarantee that vorpx will hook.

rich0550
    Participant

Sorry how do i make a vorpex shortcut to start the game.?

Also equemu requires the game starts by using a shortcut with patchme in the shortcut. Eqgame.exe patchme. Shortcut

also when you say dont point to launcher i dont get that part either
    Thanks again!

RJK_
    Participant

This situation does not look very good. It looks a bit like the emulator hooks into the game, this will likely keep vorpX from hooking also.

You make a vorpx shortcut with a rightclick on the vorpx icon in your taskbar.
    Dont point to the launcher means do not make a shortcut to it.

Try different ways to start the game, with and without vorpx shortcuts.

Thats all i can suggest now.

rich0550
    Participant

sorry i don not understand if i make a shortcut for vorpx it will launch vorpex?

how do i make a shortcut for the game yet still be a vorpx shorcut?

rich0550
    Participant

Big update here!

Ok I got EQ1 to hook! Using the make shortcut method.

Now the next problem is that moving the headset around does not move the character or its head. Would opentrack be able to emulate keys or mouse+key combinations?

Getting closer yes!

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!