Any way to “Vorpx” Dolphin emulator?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any way to “Vorpx” Dolphin emulator?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    HAX0R3D
    Participant

I don’t expect to play Wii games in full VR mode
    But I notice that the emulator has some rendering options. Wondering there’s a way to get G3D or Z3D out of it.

I mean flat version of Dolphin…

GhostRider087
    Participant

What i did was, to play with Vorpx Desktop Viewer and Pause Watcher, to play Madworld in 3D Sbs, because with Dolphin VR it didnt work.
    So in Dolphin Flat Version you can enable 3D in SBS and play the Games via Vorpx in Cinema Mode.
    Also you can enable in Dolphin Settings the Free Camera so “set” the FOV or just move the Camera Far away to get an really nice view.

This method also works with Virtual Desktop.
    I think its all in Z3D in Dolphin Flat Version, but its a good 3D Effect.
    And you can play “unsopprted” Dolphin VR Games with that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If Dolphin has SBS output, you might be able to get it working with one of the vorpX profiles that handle native SBS, depending on the API Dolphin uses that would be for example:/del>

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX11), SBS used per default.
    MPC-HC (DX9), SBS has to be enabled in the vorpX menu
    VLC (OpenGL), SBS has to be enabled in the vorpX menu

I uploaded a profile to the cloud that utilizes Dolphin’s SBS output. Should work with D3D11 and OpenGL output. I’ll add automated settings with the next vorpX, for now please select D3D11 and stereo SBS in Dolphin’s graphics options.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Dolphin already has a working VR component.

Home

I’ve tested most of the games

Mostly Working
    Paper Mario TTYD
    Rogue Squadron (Cockpit Mode)
    Wii Advance Wars (Whatever its called)
    Megaman Command Mission [works perfectly]
    Starfox Command
    Fzero
    Zelda
    Mario Kart Gamecube

Can’t remember the others at the moment.

The PSP also has a VR emu and tons of good games work for it including some you wouldn’t think of. I’ll upload the list later but there are games that look similar to Paper Mario.

Ah apologies, didn’t see the ‘flat version’

Thanks ralf dude… you are awesome as always.

Possible to get an XBOX 360 EMU working or ps2? or ps1?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Dolphin already has a working VR component.

That’s why I never cared to check it with vorpX. The VR build is fairly outdated now though and way more buggy than current regular versions, so a vorpX profile might still be useful. Also some may prefer the vorpX cinema mode. Wasn’t really a big deal due to the built-in stereo.

Possible to get an XBOX 360 EMU working or ps2? or ps1?

I tried PCSX2 a long time ago, but no dice as far as 3D is concerned. A lot has changed since then though, in vorpX as well as probably in the emulator, so it might make sense to check it again. Will do that before the next release.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! Can’t wait to try it.

I knew about Dolphin VR. But I play a lot of obscure Wii games. very few games are supported with Dolphin VR

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

I would love to see Elebits playable in VR…. I had a riot tearing apart the rooms and kitchens. That and Katamaria Damancy.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Works great with my favorite game Gold’s Gym Cardio Workout. Even without reading motion input it’s very playable and nice to be able to see the controllers.

I tried Ghost Squad and was wondering if there’s a way to use the controller as a pointer for aiming? Mouse aiming works on the desktop but in Vorpx I can only use head aiming which works ok.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDHMR61SJJk

I also discovered that you can add iso’s to Steam so you can launch them in VR like any other Steam game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Using the controllers as pointers wouldn’t be hard, but isn’t implemented currently. One of those things on my eternal nice-to-have-list…

BTW: With the controller vizualization switched to ‘Hands’ in the vorpX menu the boxing game might be even more fun.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Thanks yeah controllers as pointers might be interesting even for FPS games I remember a lot of the Wii FPS games were set up to be played like that.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Nice! Tried one of my all-time favorites…Simpsons Hit&Run. Some HUD issues, but the 3d representation of Springfield is really, really cool! Now, if only we can upscale the resolution…. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can change Dolphin’s internal render resolution in its graphics options. Just make sure to run it fullscreen after raising the resolution otherwise that will have little effect since vorpX always utilizes the actual window size.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Ive just about got the Vive controller mapped to the GameCube controller but I’m having one problem.

With WSAD on the left controller in Vorpx my character only runs in diagonal directions.
    Pressing the WSAD on the keyboard though he runs correctly.

Any ideas?

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

So are you guys getting stereoscopic effects with this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!