Any way to “Vorpx” Dolphin emulator?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any way to “Vorpx” Dolphin emulator?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

The profile utilizes Dolphin’s built in stereo rendering. Automated settings will follow with the next vorpX update, for now you have to enable side-by-side stereo manually in Dolphin’s graphics options.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

Ive just about got the Vive controller mapped to the GameCube controller but I’m having one problem.

With WSAD on the left controller in Vorpx my character only runs in diagonal directions.
    Pressing the WSAD on the keyboard though he runs correctly.

Any ideas?

fixed it. i had to set the ‘deadzone key emulation’ in Vorpx to something greater than 0. I’m using .15

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure if that was the case for you, but in that regard it’s worth noting that Dolphin currently leads to some vorpX settings being read and more importantly saved wrong if its language isn’t set to US English. This issue affects not only game specific profile settings, but also some global vorpX settings, making it a fairly severe issue.

I spare you the technical details, but anyone who used Dolphin and saved vorpX settings while doing so with a language that doesn’t have a ‘.’ as decimal separator (e.g. all languages that show the US 1.5 as 1,5) needs to do a vorpX factory reset to repair their vorpX settings.

Unfortunately I didn’t notice this effect until a few days after doing the profile. I will remove it from the cloud for now, it will be available again together with the next vorpX, which can work around the issue.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

I posted my controller settings to the hints forum. It’s pretty much working perfectly now.

Forum is rejecting my post for some reason I think I got blocked for posting a imgur link.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I approved your post in the Gamesettings sub-forum. The latest version of the forum software is pretty restrictive as far as images/links are concerned. Typically one link/image per post is OK, everything with more is moved to a pending queue and has to be approved manually with no way to change this limit as it seems. At least I can’t find one.

drowhunter
    Participant

Good video guide here

I wonder though, I seem to remember Ralf saying you dont need to do the manual setup in dolphin anymore.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Could be mistaken but I don’t think Dolphin supports openxr either, so yeah would be great

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

didnt realize this was an old post.. thanks ralph as always.. ura god

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

actually, does the vorpx profile only work for a certain version of Dolphin? Been trying and it does not seem to want to hook

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to set Dolphin’s renderer to D3D11 manually. Maybe automatically setting the desired render mode failed for some reason.

If you happen to have disabled automatic settings in vorpX, please also re-enable that. Exists for a reason.

CrackerBrand00
    Participant

Setting the renderer to D3D11 did it. Thanks again! VorpX keeps getting better and better

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!