Anyone Get Titanfall 2 Working Properly?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Anyone Get Titanfall 2 Working Properly?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

I have a request to make: tweak if you like, after all vorpX allows you to do that, but please, please do not recommend your eyeballed FOVs over the FOV vorpX calculates to others. This is not some “cool theory”, it’s relatively simple math without any margin for subjective feelings. Your headset has a defined FOV which the runtime reports to VR apps and VR apps set their FOV to this reported value.

Not a single native VR app has an FOV slider, simply because none is needed. They all set their FOV automatically to the value the runtime reports for a headset.

Same for vorpX if automatic FOV is available. If you feel that value is wrong, your feeling is wrong. I can guarantee that 200% (sic!). The only caveat is that there might be a conversion/calculation bug for one or the other game, but that is rather unlikely.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Understood and understood 👍

WilsonB
    Participant

Hi,

Titanfall 2 is the only reason I bought VorpX and it’s not useable.
    A few things.. For those of you who have Titanfall 2 working flawlessly, could you post your VorpX titanfall 2 conig profile?

By default having a few problems.
    Using the latest TF2 & latest VorpX as of this date.
    Have a hefty system should handle it without problems.(will post specs at the bottom for reference)
    1.) A VorpX message pops up in the beginning that it detected Xbox controller and VR controllers, it recommends turning off VR controllers in VorpX menu. Do not see that ANYWHERE.
    2.) Had sound out to VR headset issues. Sound is fine outside of Titanfall, but once launched there is no sound.
    3.) How do most play TF2? Using Xbox controller, KB, orVR controllers?
    4.) Is there a community repository for game profiles?
    5.) The default view through Oculus is zoomed to much. The Hand & Guns are right up to the eye. So zooming back out Shift / Mouse scroll to zoom out.
    Seems it needs to be zoomed almost all the way out. For it to be accurate and scopes sights be accurate.
    THE PROBLEM: When zooming all out(farther out, hand and guns go away from face) the HEAD tracking is warped. Zoomed all the way in the tracking is good. Is there a way to have both? Zoomed all the way out and have head movement accurate and not warped. Hope that makes sense.
    6.) Latency, FPS is low..For my config , should be able to hand it. I have everything turned up running at 1080. Any recommendations for turning something off / tweak?

My Specs;
    X-Arcade Dual TankStick w/ Trackball
    Oculus Quest
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

jeesssy
    Participant

is your tridef still working _??

even though the the company has gone belly up.

Spixe
    Participant

I came here also to get help for Titanfall 2. I was trying to get RE2 to play using VorpX, and it took a lot of work over several days but I finally got it (only hooked “sometimes”) and the results were terrible. I eventually gave up. I read one of the official threads recommending Titanfall 2 as one of the best VorpX games. So I got the game just to use with VorpX.

It looks TERRIBLE. I couldn’t stand it for more than 30 seconds. It hooks fine “sometimes”, but the imagine is very low res and grainy, the 3d is… I dunno, just really strange, a bit distorted. It’s also very dark (it was before I went in and made the settings very bright, but I think it wasn’t really natural). So I think sometimes gotta be wrong. First Resident Evil 2, and now this which is supposed to be great.

What am I missing? I used the default VorpX profile for both btw.

Edit: Just some specs. AMD Ryzen 7 1800X. Windows 10 Ent. 16GB Ram. RTX 2080SUPER. Valve Index. Up till now, I can run everything in full settings at 4k, and all VR games (native) at full res with high frame rates (currently playing Alyx at highest settings).

Aaroncls
    Participant

Works ok for me, but i did not chose to play it full VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can run games at higher resolutions for better image quality. Please check the ‘Custom Resolutions’ section in the vorpX help for more detailed information on the matter, including a step-by-step guide how to add resolutions to your PC that is does not support otherwise.

If you haven’t done so already, also check the ‘Essential Hints Guide’, which explains some general concepts.

Spixe
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ralph!

Unfortunately, I already tried that – increasing both ingame resolution and the VorpX resolution. It only had a very minor impact on resolution, but for the most it didn’t change much, resolution while in VR mode was still grainy and pretty bad.

I tried several tips in the Essential Hints guide as well. I didn’t add any custom resolutions yet though. I’ll give it a shot. What resolution would you recommend for this game? My PC can handle most of the ones available to select, as I was trying different ones to see if it helped (sadly it didn’t), so I didn’t think it was a problem, but I’ll try.

Again thanks for the help

Ralf
    Keymaster

With a 1440p resolution you roughly get 1:1 pixel mapping between game and headset, everything above results in supersampling.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!