anyone got assassin's creed odyssey working ?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings anyone got assassin's creed odyssey working ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hello,

i tried to use assassin’s creed origins profile, because odyssey is based on the same engine right ? but when launching the game, i get the red message in vorpx saying vorpx is not answering.

anyone got it working with that profile or another ?

that would be amazing if we could get it working :D

cheers !

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’m having trouble as well. The good news – you can hook with paused watcher delay. The bad news – no working 3D so far.

I’ve found if you pause the watcher before launching Odyssey, then wait 10 seconds or so after the splash screen appears to resume, vorpX will hook.

Origins has been giving me similar trouble lately, where I always have to launch the game a 2nd time – after a 1st failed attempt. It acts as though it is running some display detection diagnostics every 1st time per day (switching between windowed mode and fullscreen during load).

I’ve noticed that Odyssey likes to change my “fullscreen” setting to “borderless” on it’s own if I idle in the options a while. It also seems as if the options menu displays at a different resolution than the game (as if it were on a separate layer) though I could be wrong. It’s possible this could confuse vorpX.

So far I’ve tried about 5 different profiles and delayed hooking has worked each time, but nothing gives working Z3D. I’ve tried the various AA settings and resolution changes and tricks, but no hint of 3D thus far.

I’ll keep trying, but hopefully Ralf can take a look soon. He’s gotten most the other AC’s working great, and this one looks to be the best one yet! Probably my most anticipated PC game this year.

steph12
    Participant

Hello Dellrifter22 !

thanks for the feedback ! looks you did all we can customer side to make it works and it does not sadly :/ maybe it’s because of the combo steam + uplay ?

when i launch my game via steam, then uplay starts and the game finally starts, same for you right ? or you bought it directly from uplay maybe ?

i really hope Ralf will look into this and make a working profile with ZD3 because yeah odyssey seems to be the best assassin’s creed ever made and it would be a dream comes true to play this game with vorpx :D

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that a new vorpX version is needed to hook the game, it requires a new method to hook D3D11 (or DXGI to be precise).

Will be released within the next few days after some additional testing.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Oh nice! So we can expect some Z3D similar to Origins?

Excited for this. Liking the game so far, but struggling to enjoy pancake mode on my monitor. Everything looks so small.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, pretty much the same.

G3D has the same severe issues as Origins und thus won’t be available. I might take a closer look at that on occasion, but since it’s too slow anyway even on a 1080ti that doesn’t have a high priority right now.

Z3D looks quite nice and is reasonably fast.

steph12
    Participant

amazing news Ralf :)

thank you so much once again for the amazing work you are doing :)

dborosev
    Participant

Very cool. Thanks Ralf!

dborosev
    Participant

Any chance that new version is out this weekend? Been workin all week for a little r&r time with odyssey. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Will be out next week. Not 100% sure yet when exactly but definitely before the next weekend.

dborosev
    Participant

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

dborosev
    Participant

Come on weekend. :) Can’t wait.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Working on it like a beast. Hopefully tomorrow, but I can’t promise it 100%.

There were a few unplanned last minute code changes (unrelated to AC:Odyssey) that are basically done now but still need to be tested.

dborosev
    Participant

Haha, no worries. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Haha, Beast Mode!!

Got my fingers crossed for the weekend too. Odysseys been begging me to play all week. Not much longer to wait now :)

Always excited for updates! Appreciate the work Ralf.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!