Anyone had luck with "the outer worlds" (new game by obsidian)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Anyone had luck with "the outer worlds" (new game by obsidian)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    buckjohnston
    Participant

These guys made fallout new vegas, looks like a great game. It’s called “the outer worlds”

anyone know what graphics engine it uses and any luck with vorpx?

moarveer
    Participant

Really interested in this too, I hope Ralf can make it work somehow, afaik it uses unreal engine 4.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Look just 2 post below this one… You can use the conarium profile in order to play The outer worlds in g3d.
    Don’t forget to adjust FOV in the game parameters.

dborosev
    Participant

Wow, I’ll have to check this out in G3D. Thanks!

Adil3tr
    Participant

Look just 2 post below this one… You can use the conarium profile in order to play The outer worlds in g3d.

I use the search bar and I can’t find an original post. I tried this and Vorpx lets me do everything but turn on any form of 3D reconstruction. I try and click the left or right buttons in the vorpx ui and nothing happens, it won’t let me change to Z adaptive or G3D, anything.

TheBalt
    Participant

I use the search bar and I can’t find an original post. I tried this and Vorpx lets me do everything but turn on any form of 3D reconstruction. I try and click the left or right buttons in the vorpx ui and nothing happens, it won’t let me change to Z adaptive or G3D, anything.

Little Trick for Xbox PC Game Pass Players for OuterWorlds

Well, just for the record, spent some time with it on the Xbox Game Pass store and it starts – and runs in 3d if you import Conarium along with its DirectVR settings – game is in 3d and appears to look functional, adjustable field of view and everything, got it looking pretty good

I tried importing Conarium without the DirectVR settings and it wouldnt allow any sort of adaptive/normal 3d, with the DirectVR settings, it allowed those options and made the game 3d

Adil3tr
    Participant

I tried it again from scratch and I could turn on z normal and z adaptive but neither had any 3D effect, and it wouldn’t let me do G3D. On the regular version, not xbox game pass.

TheBalt
    Participant

srry keyboard broke so short response. im on gamepass so no exp with ur issue but when you launch outerworlds see if task manager has 2 exes running, it does on gamepass too.

if there is second file get its name and import latest conarium vorpx official from cloud saves and create new profile from conarium, include directvr settings in new profile and attach an exe with the 2nd files name, may want to disable your original outerworld profile or let them run together, just not on your store so my guesses are limited srry

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

I couldn’t get the head tracking with Conarium, but was able to with Conan Exiles. The graphics aren’t looking great though and it’s very sluggish. This is the epic stores version. Instead of using the TheOuterworlds.exe I had to use the file that is in the Indiana folder (Indiana something .exe)

TheBalt
    Participant

I couldn’t get the head tracking with Conarium, but was able to with Conan Exiles. The graphics aren’t looking great though and it’s very sluggish. This is the epic stores version. Instead of using the TheOuterworlds.exe I had to use the file that is in the Indiana folder (Indiana something .exe)

keyboard still broke so sorry for short response ..

did you try launching with keyboard/mouse – no gamepad? if that fixes tracking issue then you just need to find a program that tricks pc into taking controller inputs as mouse keyboard actions. steam supports this out of the box with steam controller config, i just tested and you can put epic game launcher in steam – if keyboard mouse fixed ur issues, right click epic game launch in steam, controller needs to be plugged in -go to browse configs – templates and select wasd and mouse – apply configuration. launch epic from steam thinking u on keyboard mouse – then just make control adjustments in game or in steam controller App to replicate games unique controls, youll just have to fiddle with that

for better performance i cant help much cause of stores – but when you launch have task manager open, right click that indiana file – click details – right click it again and try setting to realtime, if that doesnt work, try high 2nd time

obviously reboot game before doing these in sequence.. but im in dark for you with egs sorry . hope that helps

tthe conariumm profile seems to work for 99% of people.. make sure to include directvr settings when importing.

if outerworlds.exe wouldnt connect to vorpx, do this trick;

Go to your desktop, just hit “Create new text document”.. Rename that document to TheOuterWorlds.exe (itll say itll create a corrupt file or whatever- doesnt matter, just make it)

make new profile for outerworldsbut direct it the fake .exe we just made – vorpx will attach even tho its a bullshit file just cause its on lookout for anything with that name

Thanks for our good man Ralf’s brilliance – this will make Vorpx look for ANY TheOuterWorlds.exe being launched – even the real one

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

TheBalt – setting that file to real time seems to have drastically improved performance. Still not quite where I’d like to get it but much closer.

TheBalt
    Participant

try goingbto task manager services and try activating all microsoft and wndows and xbox services.. you can alphabetize by clickinng details and just start everything, u can turn em off at anytimebut that MIGHT help.. also make sure before doing any of this try game at absolute lowest settings and lowest resolution available , if you dont studder there – hen we have a hardware issue, not software. if u still studder on low everything then give that services thing with all winedows xbox and micrsoft services set to start

i dunno if this will work but those are my only ideas on this one, im sorry, but hope you get fixed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!