Arma 3 – Help needed

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Arma 3 – Help needed

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TNO_MSG
    Participant

Yeah that one. Every application or demo i try works fine with headtracking and everything..
    In the devices tab the DK2 is listed so windows does recognize the rift.

I have firmware version 2.11 (DK2)
    I also tried to open Opentrack as admin but that didnt work either.

The OVRService_x64.exe and OculusConfigUtil.exe *32 services are the only ones running that have something to do with the Oculus.

I have set the “Extend Desktop” enabled. With “Duplicate” it fucks up my resolution and i cant change it anymore with de DK2 (DK1 i could change it..)

BentoFox
    Participant

Duplicate doesn’t work because of the portrait mode. Our monitors are all landscape, when you duplicate to oculus it becomes a portrait screen which is plain wrong. (and you have only half the res on monitor).

It’s odd though, for me OpenTrack works just fine with it being in either extended OR direct mode. (I use direct mode when I just want the headtracking bit).
    My oculus has the newer firmware 2.12 though! That is currently the only difference I can see between us.
    http://puu.sh/bJjUv/8f9e25552e.png

I also only have the standard Oculus Tasks running in background, which don’t seem to conflict with the tracking.

Try this:
    Uninstall the Rift drivers and software and download the new, up to date one
    https://developer.oculusvr.com/?action=dl

it should include the 2.12 firmware as well (if not, google may know).
    Be sure to restart your PC afterwards just for the sake of having done it.

I really hope you can resolve your issue :(

TNO_MSG
    Participant

The update did it! Opentrack works!
    Thank you very much for your help and your time!

Arma 3 still has some problems, still very zoomed in and the 2 screens arent syncronized, but thats ok.
    Ill wait for the VorpX update

Vincent
    ps. Would be nice if they put in the README of OpenTrack the minimum required version :P

BentoFox
    Participant

Nice, glad I was able to help you out :)
    I played Arma3 without the rift the past days, atm it’s not very enjoyable to play with the rift because of the HUD mess…

I also can’t wait for an update :p but who knows how long that’s gonna be…
    Progress is slow when there’s one employee and he’s on an eternal holiday ;))

Ralf
    Keymaster

The last version of vorpX is about 4 (four!) weeks old and the list of substantial bugfixes/changes since then has about 40 entries as of now. I wouldn’t exactly call that ‘eternal holiday’.

BentoFox
    Participant

The eternal holiday was a note at the price of the product and the need to double-purchase it on version leaps (if that’s true, could be a horrible rumor)

It’d be quite nice if there was a place where to get Dev builds of the software rather than waiting over a month to try the next version :P
    Chances are, by the time the next version is released, the game updates that were made early on in that update don’t work anymore.
    (Game compatibility seems to pop in and out).

Hmm… or perhaps it may be possible to make “Game-Settings” independent from the main program. I’m not sure how it works internally, but if you have one bit of code per game, aimed specifically at hooking into it and doing the stuff it does, it may be possible to take this part out of the main code and loading it from a/multiple file/s.
    What this’d allow for, is that Compatibility stays consistent as hooking-related fixes can be addressed faster and in a much smaller update.
    ~ “hotfixes”, so to say

rwb_01
    Participant

Hi TNO, Did you get this to work eventually with VBS3? Looking at doing this myself.

Ralf
    Keymaster

VorpX does not work with VBS currently, sorry.

Kmar02
    Participant

Hello.

Any updates regarding getting VBS3 working with VorpX?
    Or does anyone know another way to get it working? I bought and tried VorpX (sadly i didn’t see the post made by Ralf)

VorpX does not work with VBS currently, sorry.

I use the new Oculus VR and i tried using Vireio Perception and Opentrack. I managed to get VBS3 working with those programs, but i didn’t see anything in my Oculus, only on my monitor. But… the headtracking was working :-)

I hope that someone is willing to answer me :-)

Thanks in advance!

Leo

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!