Arma 3 – Help needed

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Arma 3 – Help needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    TNO_MSG
    Participant

Hi,

I bought Arma 3 + VorpX, but when i try to test/play it i get a bugg.
    I can navigate to the menu on my main screen en select training mode for example, but when im in-game and try to either move my mouse or pick up the Oculus (DK1) the screen on my monitor aswell as on my Oculus turns LightBlue and Arma 3 crashes.

I already turned headtracking off in the VorpX configure and set my screens to duplicate and in vorpX to “Use system settings”

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Vincent

TNO_MSG
    Participant

Sorry guys, already got it!

TNO_MSG
    Participant

Nope, reacted too fast..

It works if i turn off the VorpX Watcher, but then the headtracking doenst work..

Any ideas guys? I have followed all the steps in the troubleshooting guide.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a bug currently that prevents Arma 3 from working correctly. Will be fixed soon. For a temporary workaround please check this post: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/how-to-setup-arma3-and-the-dk2/#post-17814

TNO_MSG
    Participant

Oh ok, i see.
    Thx so much for the reaction!

One more question: any idea when the 3D will work?
    Im using it for an intership so i can change my planning.

Kind regards,

Vincent

BentoFox
    Participant

But Vincent, you already finished your Internship – and didn’t even touch the Arma2 I gifted you on steam ages ago! (JK, just to entertain myself as my buddy’s name’s Vincent)

Why do you need stereoscopic Arma3 for an internship…?
    Also – the 3D will work as soon as “that bug” Ralf mentioned is fixed. VorpX doesn’t hook properly into Arma3, so all the fancy shader stuff isn’t working.
    Once it hooks the right parts of the game again everything should work smooth(er).

TNO_MSG
    Participant

But but I have 100+ hours on Arma2 ! : /

Haha xD

I need to research the possibilities to play Arma 3/VBS 3 with a full Virtual Reality experience (VBS being a Professional version of Arma 3). I use the Oculus and some other VR devices for it and didnt get the Oculus to work with Arma at first. I am just interested in when the “final” Arma 3 VorpX version comes :P

Thanks for the reactions so far!

BentoFox
    Participant

Interesting, thanks for explaining :)
    I have a whole ton of hours in Arma 2 too, mainly due to DayZ.

The main drawbacks to the Oculus in general for VR are currently the screen door effect and the 60 FPS-dependency … if you drop below that you will definitely notice it.

VorpX didn’t work well in any game that I personally tried so far… But its very well possible that I just expected the experience to be… different.
    I’m now trying to build me a headtracker from an arduino nano v3 and MPU6050 so I can play arma with headtracking without oculus :P

TNO_MSG
    Participant

Nice :P I mine are also mainly from DayZ and Wasteland.

Lol, sounds like a cool project! (and difficult :P)
    I had a workshop with arduino’s. The speaker had them like everywhere in his house from watering plants to sending emails when someone rings the doorbell xd

1 more question: my OpenTrack cant start the Rift tracker and doesnt recognize my rift.. U heard of that before? I cant find anything about it.

Vincent

BentoFox
    Participant

Be sure to use the latest version of OpenTrack which has support for the Rift (DK2 !!!).
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/544fbhsokdpy3n7/AAAKwl6BluqwT9Xn2slyp0dCa
    use the latest one (changed 3 days ago).

After you’ve done that, the OpenTrack should access the O-Rift DK2 no matter the mode (Extended/direct both work fine) and you should get a “Raw” readout.

To access this raw data in other programs or games, make sure you have a protocol set (like FreeTrack / TrackIR) and you click the Mapping button in the bottom right corner of the programme… You have to make curves or lines yourself there, the default is a “Flat on 0” ‘curve’ which means it doesn’t actually output any data.

Program with rift tracker:
    http://puu.sh/bJdkN/58d930fc39.png

Mapping Options (do this for each axis):
    http://puu.sh/bJdlV/a6e5208b8e.png

Hope that helps :)
    Pro tip: If you feel like playing a game of DayZ/Arma with headtracking without going blind, put on a cap and put the rift on your forehead.. then play the game via normal monitor :p

TNO_MSG
    Participant

Yeah i did all that (You just open the .EXE right? No install whatsoever..?)

That is the error i get. The oculus config and everything works fine..
    BTW all the curves or only Yaw?

Vincent

TNO_MSG
    Participant

I cant post links for some reason

BentoFox
    Participant

I just copy-pasted my links and it worked. You could also omit the “http://www.” part so it doesn’t get recognized as a link… People with INT > 6 will still be able to detect it as a link and paste it into their browsers accordingly.

You just open the .exe, it has no actual Install, that is correct.
    And you do the mapping for every axis.
    When you get raw-data out of your Oculus – it’s raw data that other programs can’t use.
    By making a mapping curve for each axis that you want, you can tell OpenTrack to convert the raw data into actual, useful data.
    If you don’t have a curve it will always output “0”, no matter what raw data you’re getting.

I’m not sure what your error is, since you didn’t describe it further.
    Try a link again or describe it more precisely? :)

TNO_MSG
    Participant
    BentoFox
    Participant

you mean this one?
    http://puu.sh/bJh0O/7c854eb9ed.png

Hehe.. in my case the solution is:
    Turning the rift on … I only get that error when my rift is either not plugged in or not turned on.

“Can you verify your device is plugged in and turned on”?
    If it is, and yet it doesn’t work, it means it has some issues to even find the rift. Perhaps the tracking is, in that case, used by another application or the device isn’t properly installed…?

Do the demos work for you right now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!