Assassin's Creed Origins

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Assassin's Creed Origins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Anyone get this to work with existing profiles and either G3D or Z3D?
    Would kill to get this one working.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I just uploaded a first run Z3D profile to the cloud, based on AC Unity.

It may take 2 or 3 launches to hook, but it is working. (may want to enable Async timewarp, I turned it off for my Pimax)

I’ve not fully tested all anti aliasing settings yet, but noticed the 3D effect is removed if you attempt to change AA settings mid game. I currently have AA set to the highest and Z3D is working.

I’ve also just noticed you can increase the FOV value beyond 115 in the ACO.ini found in Documents/Assassins Creed Origins, but have yet to test it further.

If I can get the FOV right, should be able to switch to fullvr for a pretty neat “in world” experience. Gorgeous looking game!

dborosev
    Participant

Damn! Nice work man! Just playing in Cinema mode is going to kick ass! But I’d be curious to hear about the full vr if you find something that works well.
    I’ll check it out later! Thanks for replying!

Cheers!

dborosev
    Participant

Hmm, would you mind sharing some details on how you are running it? It looks like VorpX hooks (it shows the vorpx splash) but then the game crashes on loading it. Tried dozens of times using Uplay, steam, and VorpX shortcut. Disabled Defender as well.
    Or Ralf, if you know?

dborosev
    Participant

After a whole lot of testing, I think I’ve come up with the issue. It seems like I have to pause the watcher when running it from Uplay, and then un-pause it right after I start it running. Seems like there is a good old fashioned “race condition” in VorpX. Got it working twice in a row using this method.
    Ralf, if you are listening, perhaps this is fixable in VorpX?

But now that I’ve got it working, damn this is a cool game to play in VR.
    Loving it.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad you got it working! It is pretty neat!

For me it always takes a 2nd try to hook initially, but hooks fine if I’ve played recently without a windows reboot. Maybe it just needs to be fresh in the memory.

Also not sure if this makes a difference, but I have the in-game overlay disabled in Uplay for all my Ubisoft games. This means Uplay will bark at you everytime you try to launch saying it is not “recommended” to play without, but just click “Launch Anyway” or whatever it says.

I’m currently enjoying a near full screen view via Cinema mode zoomed in at 0.91 distance, 5:4 aspect resolution, and an FOVScale=1.68000 adjustment to ACO.ini , and it’s pretty comfortable so far. A little bit more in world, only draw back is cut scenes are a bit close, wish there was a hotkey to toggle Cinema mode on and off so i could switch to a zoomed out edgepeek for that.

nieda113
    Participant

yeah we need for sure a G3d dedicated profile for that game besides other that are on the list for month now,, no need for cosmetics we need G3D profiles!

dborosev
    Participant

Dellrifter:
    Yeah I noticed that too, and disabled the uplay overlay as part of my winning combo. I’ll test it a bit more today to see if I can get it working reliably every time.
    When Uplay does the complaining, I hit ok, and that is when I un-pause the vorpX watcher. Worked twice so far. (Haven’t tried it a 3rd time yet).
    The ACO.ini hint helped too thanks! Much better with large FOV, and you can zoom the vorpX screen right in close to give that “Full VR” feel.

Neida:
    G3D is nice to have for most games, but in large open world games like this, I find that you don’t really miss it that much. You get a really good sense of 3D because of how large the world is. Some games, I can’t even tell (like GTA5). Plus, with the added performance boost of Z3D, you can crank all the game graphics up to Max. Even with a 1080ti, I don’t think you could do that on G3D.

nieda113
    Participant

@dborosev,, hi i totally disgree nothing beats a G3D gamplay i even switched back to helix mods and nvidia 3d play fpr certain games that dont have g3d support as of now.
    I really like the character or npc looking like small toy-persons acting .
    If for example you play dying light with cv1 it looks ok though characters are life like in height and it feels like walking in a flat 3d world. As soon as you switch to 3dplay you see what ur are missing real 3d..
    anyway its everbodies own taste ……

Skyrim for reference with its G3d profile is, after paying a while like being thrown into the world, in z profiles its just a lookalike 3d play nothing extraordinary….
    you even can use the reshade 3d depth profile, not even need for voprx though.

dborosev
    Participant

Just wanted to report back – the timing trick works perfectly now.

I agree nothing beats G3D. I’m just saying, I’m more than happy to play it in Z3D, and for certain games, its not as big of a deal. For more close quarters “smaller” area games, absolutely.

dborosev
    Participant

So I had it working 2 days in a row, and now today all of a sudden it decided to just stop showing 3D. Still hooks and runs, but no Z3D at all anymore. WTH.
    Tried restarting steam and vorpx several times.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Did you change any game settings? I lost 3D when playing with lower AA, so far I know the highest AA works. Also check that you are using a supported resolution aspect ratio, like 5:4 or 16:10, some games don’t seem to like odd ratios.

Also try the minimize Alt+Tab trick, or Alt+Enter to toggle windowed/fullscreen or change between different resolutions. These tricks work for some games.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Dellrifter. Yeah I figured out with my own trial and error that I had AA set to Medium instead of High. For some reason, it will only work on High. So quirky. Back in the game finally. :)

Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

Using the newest software as of February 2018 (PiPlay V2.0.7.54 and vorpX V17.3.2) when I try to run Assassin’s Creed Origins I always get “unable to load library dbdata.dll” at launch.

I have turned off Uplay overlay.

vorpX works fine with FarCry4 and Just Cause 3.

Any help please ?

nieda113
    Participant

Hi i dont have problems with the forelast oculus home update. Assassins creed origins runs fine but anyways, no G3D thats a pita.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!