Assassin's Creed Origins

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Assassin's Creed Origins

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

Forgot to say I use Pimax 4K.

Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

I have uploaded a profile for “Assassin’s Creed Syndicate” that works quite well on my setup (Pimax 4K and 1080Ti).

So far “Assassin’s Creed Origin” are one of the few games, that can’t run at all with vorpX active.

Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

Starting ACO from inside Uplay without overlay, it works every time now.

I use Z-Normal with FOV=2.5 (in ACO.ini) and Image Zoom = 0.7.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The FOV in the .ini is handled automatically by vorpX normally. If you want to adjust it, you can do that in the vorpX ingame menu. Ususally there should be no need for that though.

Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

Thanks.

Each time I start ACO the ini file is reset to “FOVScale=1.72984”.

This happens even if I set FOV = 2.5 using the ingame menu and save ?
    Hint: I would like the to see “game settings optimizer” back in expert mode.

BTW: With ACO patch V1.21 you can fly unlimited with Senua, so you can roam the entire Egypt, giving a super cool VR experience.

In 2D I run 4K Ultra setting and getting 45 FPS on my 1080Ti.
    In 3D using Pimax 4K and Z-normal I only get 18 FPS, is this a normal penalty ?

Sorry for all the questions…

Ralf
    Keymaster

The settings optimizer is now built into the core app and “just happens” when you start the game, which is a lot better than the prior config app optimizer since more information is available at this point, allowing precise FOV adjustment for example. You can control various optimizer settings on the Direct VR page of the ingame menu.

The performance penalty sounds pretty steep for Z-Buffer 3D, usually Z3D should cost around 15%-20% at the same resolution, which actually isn’t even caused by Z3D itself for the most part, but by rendering the game to the headset. I have no experience with the Pimax though, so maybe there is something about its SteamVR driver that causes that.

elliotttate
    Participant

@nieda113 Have you gotten Nvidia 3D working well with the Rift? If so, I’d be curious of your method

LukeRoss
    Participant

In 3D using Pimax 4K and Z-normal I only get 18 FPS, is this a normal penalty ?

I can confirm there is something odd going on with Assassin’s Creed: Origins and vorpX. In Alexandria, walking around in the streets, I get 18 fps average on my GTX 1080 Ti, just like Sune Jorgensen. I have the Oculus Rift though, so it’s not specific to the Pimax.

I have tried: a. tweaking various game-specific options in the NVIDIA control panel; b. turning Z3D off and on; c. lowering the game graphics options all the way down to minimum; d. changing the pixel density; and e. everything else that I could think of. Nothing makes any tangible difference.

That would seem to imply that the game is CPU-bound; however, the exact same location gives me 36-37 fps average when vorpX is disabled.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The higher FOV that vorpX sets might be the reason, didn’t think of that earlier. The higher the FOV, the more there is to render, which has an effect on the framerate. If you add that to the 15-20% mentioned above, the overall performance hit doesn’t sound unlikely.

It’s always a good idea to reduce graphics details when playing a newer (and thus more demanding) game with vorpX.

LukeRoss
    Participant

The higher FOV that vorpX sets might be the reason

Thanks for the reply, Ralf. It’s not that. I don’t change the FOV in the .ini when I play the game in 2D without vorpX. To double check, I took two screenshots in the exact same location, one with vorpX disabled and the other after reloading the game with vorpX enabled. The two screenshots matched perfectly, so the FOV doesn’t change (but the frame rate drops to half).

It’s always a good idea to reduce graphics details when playing a newer (and thus more demanding) game with vorpX

That might be true in general, but as I said in my previous post, I have tried putting graphic detail all the way down to minimum and the frame rate doesn’t change. It’s exactly as if vorpX was causing everything in the game to render exactly twice, which would be expected in G3D mode, but not in Z3D mode (and anyway as I wrote it also happens if I disable 3D in the vorpX overlay menu).

nieda113
    Participant

HI ,
    no i use nvidia 3d with 3d glasses on 75 inch side by side whenever there is no G3d ptofile for a game.I use gelix mods for such games..

Sune Jorgensen
    Participant

I see the same thing as LukeRoss (very low details only gives 25 fps compared to 45 fps in 4K ultra without vorpX).

Also I get a very visable ghosting on my main protagonist (Bayek), when I’m moving my head a little faster than slow. But moving the mouse around slow or fast, or moving Bayek around slow or fast, don’t give any noticeably ghosting. I find this strange ?

LukeRoss
    Participant

Well, it would be good to know if Ralf is seeing the same frame rate halving on his test machines. If he can repro, perhaps we can still hope for a fix

dborosev
    Participant

Haven’t played in a while, but it worked fine without 4K on a Vive. No framerate drops that I noticed.

RJK_
    Participant

You may tray a Skyrim profile for G3D or any profile which supports “The Devision”, You also could try a profile which works with Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Far Cry 3, Just Dance Nowany or any other 3D ubisoft game past 2014 (not guaranteed). The all use the same engine as far i was able to discover.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!