auto weapon hide

Homepage Forums Technical Support auto weapon hide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    celticspike
    Participant

does this auto weapon hide feature actually work for anyone.
    have tried it now with Titanfall 2 and Black Mesa and it does nothing, and the games are unplayable in vorpx as they are due to the giant hands and weapons.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you played the games before with vorpX, please reset the profiles to default once to ensure the according settings are available. Also make sure to set a 4:3 res as suggested in the top/left corner of the game window. Last but not least, do not download any older user settings from before the feature was available.

celticspike
    Participant

ok maybe i missed something in the original release details as just tried black mesa again after resetting the profile and i can see auto hide works in immersive screen but not fullvr mode. does it not work in fullVR?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Under normal circumstances it does, FullVR is where it makes most sense. Please make sure to follow everything mentioned in my post above. Especially the part about the 4:3 resolution.

In general please always check any messages vorpX may display in the top/left corner of the game windows and/or in the headset. Saves a lot of unnecessary trial and error.

celticspike
    Participant

checked all of that and still wont work for me in fullvr mode in black mesa
    would have to reinstall titanfall 2 again to check that one

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reset everything to default and follow the recommendations/instructions above to the word. There isn’t anything else I can recommend here. Both games have been used for developing the feature and no one else besides you has reported this issue so far within the two months that the feature exists.

There also is no reason why it would work in immersive mode, but not in FullVR mode. That doesn’t have any effect on how the feature works.

celticspike
    Participant

ok not sure if this helps but if I stay in full VR mode and set image zoom to 0.90 or lower it works,
    but then I have this ever so slight black bar at bottom of screen. this does suggest the aspect ratio/resolution is at fault.
    i am 100% in 4:3 and tried at different resolutions e.g. 1920*1440 and 1600*1200

celticspike
    Participant

any more suggestions?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing that I haven’t suggested already. There really is nothing to suggest here other than resetting everything to default and following the recommendations/instructions in one my earlier replies to the word.

Both games have been used during development of the feature, so I’m more than 100% sure that with everything set to default it works as intended.

madcap
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue with the new weapon fov/hide feature with Black Mesa. I tried reinstalling the game, restoring settings and profiles, even restoring Vorpx to factory default settings and it didn’t work. The only way to get it to work is by lowering Image Scale in Vorpx to exactly 0.90 from its default 1.0. It doesn’t appear to be impacting the world fov too much whilst still using the cached directVR. There is still a slight positional flicker with the gun, but it’s a hell of a lot better than having a 6 foot gun.

madcap
    Participant

Also, the weapon doesn’t show itself again after it’s hidden, so I can only use the new weapon fov/position settings.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether you have set a 4:3 resolution like e.g. 1600×1200 or 1920×1440 as suggested by vorpX. That is not only vital for a flicker-free image, but also for the weapon hide feature in Black Mesa.

madcap
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I tried setting the 4:3 resolution manually at 1600×1200 before I posted (I followed the instructions from this thread), after playing around with Vorpx’s nice, nicer, great etc etc resolution settings (I’d feel more comfortable if Vorpx told me the resolution like it did with older Vorpx builds :) ), but the problem persists. The game also says it’s in 4:3 mode (using the game’s old UI). I also have the custom 4:3 resolutions setup in Nvidia.

Also, due to the fact that I have an old 2560×1080 ultrawide (BenQ XR3501) I have to enable fullscreen for the higher vertical resolutions to show in-game (for some reason the window limits to 1080 in window mode). However the problem still exists with a lower 4:3 resolution that’s set manually in windowed mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since the weapon initially disappears the system in general appears to work. Not re-appearing sounds as if maybe the configuration is borked.

If you already played the game with vorpX before the weapon hide feature was introduced or imported some user settings from the cloud, please reset the profile to default. The feature shows the weapon based on weapon related key presses. Any user settings from before the feature was introduced, regardless whether they are your own or downloaded from the cloud, don’t have the required configuration data. A reset to default will fix that.

madcap
    Participant

I don’t recall ever playing this game in Vorpx before. I only played the game once on screen since I put off buying it for years. I also did a profile reset several times before I posted, so I’m at a loss at what to do now (I did it in Vorpx in-game and the desktop gui).

The things I’ve tried:
    * Reset the Vorpx Black Mesa profile (I’ve never had any other profiles).
    * Restore game settings from Vorpx.
    * Uninstall Black Mesa and then reinstall it (I reinstalled to a NVME drive).
    * Reset Vorpx to default factory settings.
    * Manually set screen resolution to 4:3 (tried a few).
    * Tried allowing Vorpx to set the resolution – Vorpx would sometimes repeat that the game requires a restart even after several restarts after doing this with no other changes, which may indicate a problem somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!