auto weapon hide

Homepage Forums Technical Support auto weapon hide

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

The wapon is supposed to be shown when you press any weapon realated button, in particular in this case: the 1-6 and R keys and the left/right mouse buttons, also using the mouse wheel to change the weapon triggers shwonig it. Works perfectly fine here with the default profile settings.

Don’t know what else to suggest besides maybe a full factory reset.

madcap
    Participant

OK, the issue with the weapon staying hidden appears to be down to using an XB360 controller. Enabling the controller in Black Mesa works flawlessly, but it fails to trigger the reshow of the weapons. It does work when using the KB/Mouse.

The issue with the weapon FOV, which obviously prevents auto hide, is still the same, where the Image Scale has to be set to 0.90 for it to work (some flickering still remains).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please DO NOT tinker with any FOV altering settings, including Image Zoom, may and probably will break the weapon detection. Just leave everything at default. There is no need to tinker with any vorpX setting at all. Everything is dialed in to work out of the box with default settings.

I’ll take a look at the gamepad config. Wasn’t aware that the game supports gamepads. The weapon hide feature can be configured to also react to gamepad buttons, but since I wasn’t aware of gamepad support in this game, only key actions are configured.

Until I upload an updated profile please stick to mouse and keyboard.

madcap
    Participant

Leaving everything at default and not tinkering with any of the settings, both the game and vorpx (inc. profile), was the intention. It isn’t working out of the box for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above, please try a full factory reset. Leave everything at default except changing the game resolution for better image quality. Under normal circumstances the profile works perfectly fine at default settings aside from the gamepad not being handled for weapon hide since I wasn’t aware that the game has gamepad support.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!