Bad performance with Metro 2033 Redux + Rev G2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Bad performance with Metro 2033 Redux + Rev G2

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Zloba
    Participant

Nice, all up to date on my end, so looking forward to the new VorpX version. I will be definitely testing the Metro games

DerfelMax
    Participant

Perfect also from my side, I’ll let you know how things are gonna change. Thank you!!

Zloba
    Participant

I finished the Redux version of Metro 2033 and there might be a bug which might have something to do with the FOV set to 90. I’ll try without spoilers but be aware

*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW ***

At the last chapter, after you set up the tracking device on the top of the tower, your mind is taken by the dark ones into these “enlightening” scenes, after which you start to run away from the dark one inside a maze. The maze gameplay starts with 4 doors around you and the game saves.

The problem starts here, because the game changes the FOV in this part to something bigger. My game froze during the FOV change while the game saved. I loaded the save after game restart and it loaded freezed. I had to start the chapter from the start but i played it on Flat screen with FOV set to 60. This way i was able to finish it.

I still need to confirm it by playing again with VorpX though.

Zloba
    Participant

I finished LL and it was awesome. Before i get to play Exodus for the first time i want to try the original Metro 2033. Everytime i set the ingame option to DX11, G3D stops working and only Z3D are available. Does it mean G3D doesn’t support DX11 in this game? I was using the official profile. I would like to use the DX11 because the performance is better compared to DX9.

I also tried to use my G2 controllers but the A, B, X, Y buttons and the “grab” buttons doesn’t work in the game. Also the controllers are showing some WMR controllers instead of G2’s. Is there anything i can do to make the buttons work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, Metro 2033 G3D is DX9 only, I’m pretty sure vorpX sets that automatically. If you accidentally disabled auto settings, please re-enable that. Without it setting the FOV also wont’ work.

Switch the controller type from ‘Auto’ to ‘Oculus Touch’ will do the trick controller wise. vorpX doesn’t have dedicated G2 controller handling, but since they are pretty much Touch knockoffs that works just fine.

Zloba
    Participant

After the first scan is done and the game is restarted (and the settings are saved in the CFG file) i tend to turn off the option to let VorpX to change some/all game settings as i want to keep my custom resolution and in some cases the FOV. In case of Metro 2033 that means, i have to do the scan every time i start the game or reload a checkpoint to get the head tracking working but i don’t mind doing that.

I’ll try to change the controller type next time. Thanks for the tip.

I noticed that i like to play the Metro games with controller mostly because WSAD keyboard controls are just too quick while the precise slow movement with controller sticks are perfect for this series. I like to go slowly and enjoy everything around.

One question though – when i change the type of WMR controller to Gamepad instead of KM+Mouse i’m not able to change the bindings. I would like to change mostly the controls in SHIFT mode (btw. thank you for implementing that). For example i would like to hold my SHIFT button and assign my left or right stick functions, that are assigned to the directional pad on XBOX controller. It’s possible to do that with WMR controllers set to KB+ mouse (obviously), but in this mode, the left stick works like a button instead of axis, which i don’t like that much.

Would it be possible to change the bindigs for gamepad settings of WMR controllers in the future?

Ralf
    Keymaster

While keyboard/mouse mappings can be fully customized, for gamepad mode things are kept a bit more simple on purpose. Since on all controllers all gamepad functions are fully mapped, there isn’t really any need for remapping them. I’d consider the default (DPAD on shift) the logical choice, it has to be somewhere. All buttons are mapped anyway, so while in principle I can understand the whish to customize, in this particular case there really is no need for that.

Please don’t disable automatic settings. Somes games tend to override settings when you change someting in their options menu. With auto settings disabled vorpX won’t be able to catch something like that.

If you think you can figure out something better than vorpX does resolution wise (which is unlikely BTW), disable just setting the resolution, but leave everything else intact. Save yourself the headache of having to solve problems you wouldn’t have when you let vorpX do its thing.

Zloba
    Participant

Metro has a pre-defined controller presets which can’t be customised. I thought it would be great to do that in VorpX, but it’s not a big deal.

I’m still learning to use VorpX on-the-fly. I turned the auto-settings OFF before starting Metro LL Redux for the first time and i was wondering why is the image inside the headset stretched only to find out, the auto-settings were tunring on Windowed mode in the .CFG files, which solved the problem. But it was also changing my mouse sensitivity and audio levels for example. Hence i turned it off after it did it’s job (changing settings in .cfg files). But i’m aware that if it causes problems with the game, that’s the first thing to try and i turn it back ON. I promise :)

kjracing81
    Participant

I am struggling with 2033 looking blurry no matter what I do, I have overridden the voprx resolutions and set to 4k but still looks awful to me. The vorpx resolutions say I don’t have them on my system beyond the bottom one (okish I think it’s called) so not sure what screen ratio it is.
    Any way to improve? Is it some kind of AA?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you you read the whole hint that vorpX displays regarding the unsupported resolutions in the menu?

It doesn’t just say ‘unsupportrd’, it also recommends to check the ‘Custom Rsolutions’ section in the vorpX help, which has a step-by-step guide how to add resolutions to your PC it can handle normally.

kjracing81
    Participant

Yes but I have added pretty much all custom resolutions. Not sure which ones the game is looking for to check though, nothing in hints to tell me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether they really have been added. If you added all of them, vorpX should be able to pick one that matches the desired preset under normal circumstances. Caveat: If you happen to have a multi-monitor system, you have to add them for the monitor that the games run on.

If for some reason you can’t make it work, you can disable automatic resolutions on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and set one manually instead. For FullVR games one of the ‘narrow’ ones (or a 4:3) res would be what you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!