Beginners guide???

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Beginners guide???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Redcap036
    Participant

Is there a beginners guide to setting up and running a game with VorpX, I bought this program a few days ago, and i still have not played a game through it, I’ve tried Skyrim se and battlefield 1, nether of which i can get started let alone get into to adjust the vorpx settings, how do you do it, is there a Step by step setup guide I’ve missed a tutorial video, anything?

I still don’t know what gets turned on first, VorpX or the game i’m trying to run, do i still need SteamVR on or not, what about the vive app that also is running in my taskbar does that stay or go as well, there should be or needs to be a beginners starter guide pinned to the top of the forum for new people whom just got the vr unit and don’t have a clue on what to do.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Basic operation is pretty straight forward. Normally you just have to start vorpX and then the game. vorpX should automatically hook into known games then. For both games you tried, you will need a profile first since vorpX doesn’t have a default profile for either of these currently.

For Battlefield 1 you can import a custom profile in the vorpX config app (Cloud Profiles page).

For Skyrim SE please use this profile.

Just in case: if you didn’t do so already please also read the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help, which contains a few very important infos for beginners in regard to configuring games for vorpX. That should get you started.

Redcap036
    Participant

Basic operation is pretty straight forward. Normally you just have to start vorpX and then the game. vorpX should automatically hook into known games then. For both games you tried, you will need a profile first since vorpX doesn’t have a default profile for either of these currently.

For Battlefield 1 you can import a custom profile in the vorpX config app (Cloud Profiles page).

For Skyrim SE please use this profile.

Just in case: if you didn’t do so already please also read the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help, which contains a few very important infos for beginners in regard to configuring games for vorpX.

Hi, thanks for the reply, most of this knowledge i already had gathered, the problem i found most frustrating was that i had to search and gather this information from other player threads, chats and YouTube, where had it been right up front pinned to the top of the forum, i could have easily found it and been playing for the last day or two instead of spending my time searching for it, also it’s other stuff like do i need SteamVR open as well, I literally just found out that i need the Origin overlay turned off if i want to play BF1, most of your Essential hints Guide only pertains to when your in the game, i couldn’t even get that far, I think you really need to add a FAQ for getting a game started, written up and posted, anyway i think i got how to do this now and i’m going to try again.

cheers for listening.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!