Skyrim Special Edition

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim Special Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Update 2017/11/18

A recent Skyrim SE update broke the Direct VR FOV scan. If you experience this issue, please download the updated profile named ‘Elder Scrolls: Skyrim – SE [vorpX]’ from the cloud into your local profiles database (config app/cloud profiles).

Fresh vorpX installs already include this updated profile. You only need to download it if you installed vorpX prior to 2017/11/18.

Update:

A new and improved version of this profile is now included in the latest vorpX version 17.1.0 – No need to download the profile anymore. I’ll leave the discussion pinned for now since the game seems to be quite popular.

Dedalus19
    Participant

Thank you Ralf!

Just a quick post with my results, it’s getting soooo close to awesome, 1:1 headtrack camera would be the ultimate to alleviate minor warping when looking around with the Vive. And roomscale (I know…)! 10/10 would lean into Camila for a kiss and get skull clipping again:

skyrimprefs.ini=
    ivsync=0
    fullscreen=0 (whatever)
    iHsize and iVsize is 1600×1280

VORPX=
    G3D, 0.6 strength
    pixel 1:1 and 100% zoom
    headtrack at default 1.2, position on

Seeing 50-85fps indoors, 35-40+ outside, yay! Only tested first indoor/outdoor map with Ralof, I’m sure gets slower in Whiterun.

Disconnected my silly hdmi TV and turned off vsync, THEN got above 60fps.

HTC Vive
    Win7 x64
    i5 6600
    eVGA 980ti
    16gb ram
    256gb ssd

Dedalus19
    Participant

CONTINUED-
    forgot to add, and FOV 135 135 in the Vive was near perfect!

Andrew

Ainaemaet
    Participant

This was my problem with Skyrim in VorpX. It’s always ‘near’ perfect, never ‘perfect’!

Odencrantz
    Participant

Works great! Thanks Ralf!

Got mine set to 1920 x 1440, Geometry is awesome but lags a bit for me at that resolution. Upgraded card will help (running 980Ti), but Z3D runs super awesome.

Thanks so much for resizing the UI! An appreciated added bonus!

On a side note (and different game), I can’t get ESO fov to behave properly. Does not translate the FOV over to HMD as expected. The big issue is, Bethesda now stores the fov in your character info on the server now, so I can’t tweak it like I can with other games, using over-limit values. I know …. wrong forum / discussion, but just thought of it. ESO works awesome in VR otherwise.

Thanks for your hard work Ralf!

StreetPreacher
    Participant

Sweet, and I’ve got the day off to play with it :)

Thanks for addressing the special edition even though the original might work better. I just got sick of dealing with all of the mods to get the original looking decent, so the special edition is nice for offering improved visuals without all of the hassle :)

StreetPreacher
    Participant

Looks great, thanks!

My only other question now is, why is my movement so slow when using a gamepad/ left thumbstick? I guess I need to somehow map the ‘run’ option to the pad using the Vorpx mapping function?

movement with WASD is normally fast, but I’d prefer to play standing up and turning my head/body to change direction.

ggabriele3
    Participant

Looks great, thanks!

My only other question now is, why is my movement so slow when using a gamepad/ left thumbstick? I guess I need to somehow map the ‘run’ option to the pad using the Vorpx mapping function?

movement with WASD is normally fast, but I’d prefer to play standing up and turning my head/body to change direction.

It’s because with vorpx running, the controller is emulating the keyboard, and autorun is not enabled by default. Just hit whatever key you have mapped to autorun, I think it’s caps lock.

StreetPreacher
    Participant

It’s because with vorpx running, the controller is emulating the keyboard, and autorun is not enabled by default. Just hit whatever key you have mapped to autorun, I think it’s caps lock.

Figured it was something simple, thanks!

Back to Tamriel!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Your original idea should also work. The run option can be mapped to the left stick which normally should already be the case unless you changed the key assignment in the game.

The mapping option in the vorpX menu is called “Walk/Run Key”. Depending on whether autorun is enabled or not you may also have to enable “Invert Walk/Run” for that to work correctly. If configured this way, both speeds are mapped to the left stick.

Cat
    Participant

Okay, maybe it’s just because I don’t know much about configuring VorpX, but how would I go about setting up XBox controller bindings that match the default XBox bindings when not using VorpX?

It’s absolutely killing me using VorpX changes the buttons for map travel, and it is a lot slower to navigate the menus without LT/RT.

Looks absolutely amazing though :) Really nice experience!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can change the button mapping on the gamepad page of the vorpX ingame menu.

BTW: the next vorpX will have a feature that allows native gamepad use in more games that currently do not allow that. I haven’t checked the Special Edition yet, but so far it worked for all Bethesda RPGs, so it’s quite likely that it will also work for the Special Edition.

prinyo
    Participant

Just tried it.
    At first I was quite happy as it seems the Vive doesn’t flicker when the framerate drops even to 5 fps. I would gladly let the old game run at about 30 – 40 fps for the Geometry, but there it is impossible because of the flickering.

However it seems in (unmodded) Special Edition I’m getting half the framerate I have in (heavily modded) old Skyrim.

I did everything mentioned in the readme file. And I tested both 1920 x 1440 and 1600 x 1280. There was a difference in the visual quality as is to be expected, but no difference in the framerate.

While walking between Riverwood and Whiterun with Geometry it was constantly varying between 15 and 35. It dropped to 5fps when I got to the Khajiit camp outside of the city.
    The same road on the other 2 modes (Z3D) the framerate was between 30 and 40 fps. It never managed to reach 45 fps.

My system: i7-4790, GTX 980 (4GB), 16 GB RAM

nieda113
    Participant

cant get it to run with vorpx. I get a message in oculus home..
    It takes too long to load tesvse .exe. The black screen lasts forever.I did a vorpx shortcut, too but no change. What iam doing wrong?
    Win 10
    your prelimn.version installed
    Nvidia 3d off

THX

prinyo
    Participant

There is a new official patch (in beta) that people say fixes the performance in “CPU bound areas”. Many people say they see better framerates across the game.

There is also this mod ported to SSE : Insignificant Object Remover ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3354/? )
    So far, as I understand it, it is simply ported. I’m not sure if it will handle the clutter added in SSE.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!