BitDefender stops vorpx running

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support BitDefender stops vorpx running

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    pjstream
    Participant

Hey we have 2019 now. And the Problem is NOT solved.

Your support is really ridiculous. Like a child, they only try to blame the other instead of taking the problem seriously. Really a move on which I blush myself to have supported developers like them once.

To find at least a configuration VorpX keeps out of sight of virus scanners would be the least you could have done after 4 years. Instead, you build your system so that the files are spread as far as possible throughout the system. So I almost wonder if it is not maybe a virus.

Only a more compact design by VorpX would help. But you do not seem to care about your customers. But only for their money. Too bad. I see me forced to leave a note in every VR forums familiar to me about, how the VorpX support behaves towards the customers. Support like “Help yourself”.

Shame on you !!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

This issue has to be resolved by BitDefender, there is no way to fix it on our end. Their software FALSELY considers each new vorpX version malicious, probably because it hooks into other programs. Please report the issue as false positive to BitDefender so they can fix the problem.

Such things are quite common with AV programs, hence most AV vendors provide a way to let their customers/users report false positives.

Alternatively to reporting the issue as a false positive to Bitdefender you can either:

1. Exclude the vorpX program folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from BitDefnder. Make sure to also exclude it from BitDefender’s so called “Advanced Threat Protection”, which apparently flatout blocks certain Windows functions vorpX uses to hook into games.

2. Switch to Windows Defender, which comes free with Windows 10. Windows Defender in most recent tests is as good as third party AV programs, but less invasive than some of those. It kicks in automatically when you uninstall your third party AV program. Not much reason to use a third party AV program these days anymore.

Macrobyte
    Participant

So I keep running into this issue every time vorpx needs to update. While it’s easy to blame the anti-virus for the fault, I think a couple of things with this program are the cause.

Supporting Screenshots:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

1. Why does the downloaded update filename keep changing when you run “vorpX_WebSetup.exe”? You can’t whitelist a file if it’s name doesn’t stay the same. If you try to approve it after the fact, its already a done deal. The anti-virus already starts quarantining/deleting the file. Additionally, the folders in question that Bitdefender has called into question have already been whitelisted by me.

2. Why does vorpx try to download something to C, then move it to your install location? Why is it unable to make the install in the same directory of your choosing or just keep all the related files for the application in one folder? Why does it not allow you to change the install directory location after the first install or place the require temp files in the location of your choosing?

I know I am going to get the “Well just whitelist it in the anti-virus program” response. The reality is, the temp folders you attempt to use have already been whitelisted due to me going through this before. Even if we forget about how Bitdefender feels about people trying to modify content on C, Windows 10 doesn’t like you installing anything on C. Yet developers keep trying to do it.

The files are being detected as “Atc4.Detection” malware. Additionally, because your filenames keep changing when they’re downloading and then attempting to rename in certain locations, the installation itself is being treated as malicious. Those files are also attempting to rename other files in directories. I have sent an e-mail to Bitdefender Support to confirm what Atc4.Detection. It’s easy to write this off as a false positive, but right now the program isn’t working for me at all. This is probably why customers are having such a hard time having the game hook into apps. It’s very possible these installations are not completing properly or the anti-virus is stopping it from performing basic functionality because its being seen a threat.

While its good to rely on the community for feedback, if you’re going to sell this product, you should be at least be willing to contact the support of the anti-virus companies reporting that your program is malware and have it whitelisted. This has been an issue ever since I started using the program two years ago.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This issue has to be resolved by BitDefender, there is no way to fix it on our end. Their software FALSELY considers each new vorpX version malicious, probably because it hooks into other programs. Please report the issue as false positive to BitDefender so they can fix the problem.

Such things are quite common with AV programs, hence most AV vendors provide a way to let their customers/users report false positives.

Alternatively to reporting the issue as a false positive to Bitdefender you can either:

1. Exclude the vorpX program folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from BitDefnder. Make sure to also exclude it from BitDefender’s so called “Advanced Threat Protection”, which apparently flatout blocks certain Windows functions vorpX uses to hook into games.

2. Switch to Windows Defender, which comes free with Windows 10. Windows Defender in most recent tests is as good as third party AV programs, but less invasive than some of those. It kicks in automatically when you uninstall your third party AV program. Not much reason to use a third party AV program these days anymore.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!