Black Mesa support broken with 1.0 release

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Black Mesa support broken with 1.0 release

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

I’d like to know what kind of deal these devs made with Valve to be able to sell this thing on steam.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ steph12: vorpX should choose the right lighting settings normally. if you happen to have disabled DirectVR auto settings, please re-enable that. One of the things DirectVR typically does if possible is automatically setting up game settings in a way that allows vorpX to work correctly.

@ all: for those who don’t want to read through the entire thread here’s the important bit again: the final version of the game uses a unique DX11/9 menu that currently is displayed as black quad in vorpX. The next vorpX will be able to display it (in one eye), but there also is a (better) workaround that you can use right now: adding -oldgameui to the game’s launch options in Steam brings back the original DX9 menu.

andromaliox
    Participant

I have a problem, I can’t change the resolution of Black Mesa to increase the sharpness. I have tried adding custom resolutions for 4: 3 and I am using Rift S, but every time I switch to a higher or lower resolution, the game crashes. How can I change the resolution?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That issue will finally be gone with the next vorpX. For now please change the resolution without vorpX running.

steph12
    Participant

that game is so brillant with vorpX :D

Ralf, i use direct VR, but for graphics i tried to crank them up to the max, that was my mistake.

at first i tried to run the game at maximum settings but in some places my pc cant handle it (low fps).

anyway, i got it running pretty good and i’m happy :)

Syndroid
    Participant

Is the weapon fov issue fixed? if not, is there any chance it getting fixed in the future?

Michelangel0
    Participant

That issue will finally be gone with the next vorpX. For now please change the resolution without vorpX running.

In my case is the only game that VorpX doesn’t hook at all, any additional tip that I should check?

I disabled ESET antivirus for this, of course.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have no experience with that particular AV program myself, but another user recently posted this: click. Seems to be one of those AV programs that aren’t really disabled when you disable them.

V0iD
    Participant

Does anyone else have the issue with a crashing “Advanced Settings” Dialogue when starting Black Mesa with VorpX? It still runs, despite this but it’s irritating nevertheless (and this only happens when using VorpX).
    What’s a good FOV to use with Black Mesa? Using the standard of 90 results in weird proportions this can’t be the state of art VR so many ppl are talking about here…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t really help with that dialog, doesn’t sound like something that belongs to vorpX. Maybe it belongs to some tool that also hooks into games. If you have anything running in the background, try to disable it.

FOV: Please run the DirectVR memory scanner after entering the actual game, i.e. not while the menu is still open. Whenever a game profile has memory scanner support, you should see an according message in the top left corner of the game window as well as in the headset.

After a successful scanner-run, the game FOV automatically matches the FOV of your headset.

If you accidentally already ran the scanner while the menu was still open, it may have cached invalid values. In that case please empty the cache on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and re-run the scanner.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Thanks for that launch option,option Ralf.I actually bought it to use with vorpx and returned it because of the black screen in the games menu.

Anders
    Participant

Hey guys. Any ways to lower the size of the first person weapons?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!