Blurry issue in pimax5k

Homepage Forums Technical Support Blurry issue in pimax5k

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    uswin
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I think i have solve the blurry issue for Alan Wake, just like you said i use higher resolution but forget to save and to quit and restart the game after that. after i save and restart the game, the vorpx in game menu and game image look very sharp now.

Sadly, vorpx and game in Alice madness still look like a low res even after i set higher res and restart it again, im not sure why with alice madness. maybe just need a better resolution for this game ?

thanks for the solution ralf

note:
    Yeach, maybe i will try to reinstall all pimax and steamvr and see if it is fixed

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can’t solve the issue with your headset being detected as Vive, make sure to set ‘Render Async’ to ‘Off’ on the ‘Display’ page of the vorpX menu.

While for all other headsets ‘On’ is better in most cases, for Pimax ‘Off’ is the right choice. vorpX does that automatically when it can correctly detect a Pimax, but in your case it can’t.

Apart from that DirectVR supported games won’t work as good as they can if your Pimax can’t be detected correctly.

So you should definitely fix that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update: The latest PiTool has a new setting on the ‘Brainwarp’ page called ‘Compatible With Vive Only Game’. Make sure to uncheck this and your Pimax will be a Pimax again to applications.

Whoever at Pimax got that idea should be fired immediately…

RJK_
    Participant

Not shure if this can be a useful for alice, but some games ignore the settings you make and fall back (reset the user setting to the monitors setting) to the monitor resolution setting. In such cases making the actual monitor resolution matching the game resolution can help for higher custom res. (This will probably not count for directVR games).

uswin
    Participant

Okay,

1. i manage to solve the pimax/vive issue, like you said after i check and unchecked the “vive only game” and then restart everything, my pimax now detected as pimax 5k, thank god, i thought it was broken due to wrong firmware update or something. LOL, someone at pimax need to get fired asap

2. I have tried change my monitor resolution to higher res so it match with the game res, sadly in alice it seem didn’t have any effect, i think you are right, somehow alice still revert back to low res. please kindly investigate more with old game like this, is alice a direct vr games ?

as for alan wake, superb clear, i love it !!!!!, the game run very smooth too.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve yet to update my pitool, as the last time I tried a beta build it gave me significantly worse performance in a vorpX game I had been playing. So I reverted back.

I’d be kinda curious to try the new fixed foviated render feature though. Have either of you tried that out with vorpX? I’m not sure if it applies directly to the games rendered resolution or just the sampled pass through steamvr after. If it were the later, I can’t imagine it would net any real performance gain.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That doesn’t seem to be in the current non-beta PiTool yet. It’s worthless for vorpX anyway though since it wouldn’t affect the actual game rendering. The second pass that sends the image to the headset, which would be affected, wouldn’t gain anything substantial.

The f***ing new ‘Compatible With Vive Only Game’ setting however is a real problem. Not only is it on per default, it gets reset every time PiTool is started.

If you happen to be active on the Pimax forums, please complain about this nonsense. A headset should not pretend to be another brand, especially not if it’s as different as Pimax 5K/8K are.

I’ll add an according warning for the next vorpX version if a Vive is detected but PiMax software is running. That’s far from ideal though as it will also affect users with both headsets that are currently using an actual Vive.

uswin
    Participant

That doesn’t seem to be in the current non-beta release yet. It’s almost certainly worthless for vorpX anyway though since it wouldn’t affect the actual game rendering. The second pass that sends the image to the headset wouldn’t gain anything substantial.

The f***ing new ‘Compatible With Vive Only Game’ setting however is a real problem. Not only is it on per default, it gets reset every time PiTool is started.

If you happen to be active on the Pimax forums, please complain about this nonsense. A headset should not pretend to be another brand, especially not if it’s as different as Pimax 5K/8K are.

I’ll add an according warning for the next vorpX if a Vive is detected but PiMax software is running, but that’s far from ideal as it will also affect users with both headsets that are currently using an actual Vive.

gotcha, make a thread for it. let see what they can do about it.
    https://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/new-setting-brainwarp-compatible-with-vive-game-only-make-pimax-detected-as-vive-in-steamvr/20414

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!