Brand new to Vorpx. Does Fallout NV still work?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Brand new to Vorpx. Does Fallout NV still work?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    usn09derek
    Participant

I’m brand new to Vorpx but I couldn’t get it to hook with alternative hooking methods or normally.
    A pop up appears after waiting 5 minutes. I’ve tried all options. If I try the “install alternate hooking method” the game crashes on startup afterwards each time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem here. Just checked to be sure.

Unreleated but important: If you are on Windows 11, use the 23.1.0 beta. The last regular build has severely reduced DX9 performance (-50%) with Windows 11.

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

As far as your issue is concerned: Hooking issues with games that are known to work well in general almost always means there is a conflict with some app on your PC that also hooks into games. More information in that regard can be found in the troubleshooting guide on top of this sub forum.

usn09derek
    Participant

Thank you. I am on windows 11. Which link do you recommend in that post?

Return to Castle Wolf boost and plays okay in Vorpx for me, so would that mean its probably not a conflicting app?

New Vegas just crashes when I hit play. There’s no attempting to hook or anything.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is only one download link in the beta post.

usn09derek
    Participant

There is only one download link in the beta post.

I’ll give it a go. I’ve read through the support notes a few times. The only thing I can think of is it might be a 32 vs 64-bit issue. Otherwise, I’m not sure why Wolfenstein would run.

usn09derek
    Participant

Ralf that worked! Just using the other build gave me the dX9 option and it’s glorious!

I have a fairly beefy 4080 laptop. How do you recommend getting rid of the stutters? The fps seems great but there’s this odd stutter I can’t really describe.

Super excited. Did not expect it to look this good. I was never a big motion controller fan, so already this has been worth every penny. I’m sure there will be glitching etc, but wow.

usn09derek
    Participant

Could the jitter be ASW? I’ve had that set to auto forever. Using Quest 2.

usn09derek
    Participant

Put another 3-4 hours into this and I can’t figure out this odd stutter after messing with settings. It occurs every 2-3 seconds especially while turning.
    I’ve seen videos of people running this game flawlessly on much older hardware so I’m just not sure what I’m doing wrong.

usn09derek
    Participant

Oddly steam VR fixed my problem. Fps is flawless.

Now if I could figure out why it crashes to steam home so often, especially going indoors.

This does no occur wo vorpx. I disabled all possible apps.

usn09derek
    Participant

Ralf any insight? Walking into buildings is really wearing on my experience. There’s a good chance it will crash every time.

I can fight in huge battles in the wasteland at max resolution great fps, but soon as I enter a little shack, it crashes.

This happens equally on steam vr, oculus link, airlink.

Could it be the gamepad interference? Could disabling crystal help? I’m committed to making this work.

usn09derek
    Participant

In case anyone reads this, the 4gb patcher solved my crashing near 100%. These crashes were not happening outside of VR so I’m guessing the extra memory aided the added strain of VR and keep it from crashing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!