Homepage › Forums › General vorpX Discussion › vorpX 23.1.0 BETA
- This topic has 107 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated Mar 24, 2023 11:53am by Ralf.
Dec 24, 2022 at 6:12pm #214286
Unfortunately I didn’t get the next vorpX update quite to the point before Christmas where I wanted it to be, so no more regular update this year. :(
Instead I decided to release a beta version for those who want to play with the new gesture system that was announced earlier. Feedback welcome, but please keep in mind that there won’t be further updates until next year. If you encounter severe issues, reinstall the current regular vorpX version. If you didn’t keep your installer, you can get one here: click
Please take the beta hint seriously, unlike typical marketing ‘betas’ that big game companies occasionally release this really is an unfinished version!
Beta 2 is available with a new feature that makes setting up vorpX for the best possible experience a lot easier. Click here for details.
Dec 24, 2022 at 7:58pm #214293
- User configurable motion controller gestures: On the motion controller page of the vorpX menu you can assign predefined gestures to any mouse and/or gamepad action. See the video below for a brief overview.
- Virtual monitor for an improved custom resolutions and desktop viewer experience.
- Connection mod for The Witcher 3. This is in early stages though, pretty much just adds AFR3D and auto EdgePeek in menus/cutscenes etc. More advanced camera stuff has been disabled for now, too unreliable at this point.
- New launch environment for improved usability. E.g. with auto-created tutorials for any gestures that may have been set up in a profile.
- Revised DX12 hooking: DX12 hooking as been reworked and is now enabled per default, similar to hooking older DX versions. Be aware that you may still encounter DX12 games that can’t be hooked automatically or crash with the default settings. in these cases you will still need to copy an existing DX12 profile – which makes sense anyway to get 3D working. The auto DX12 hooking is mainly for convenience.
- Revised headset sync: thread syncing between the game render thread and the vorpX render thread has been reworked entirely and now comes with meaningful presets, completely free configuration is still possible for those who prefer that.
Wow what a Xmas present !! Thank You !
But i can’t seem to get the installer to run. Nothing happens after i click on the .exe. Do i need to run in it some kind “compatibility” mode ?
Thanks Again !Dec 24, 2022 at 8:04pm #214294
If you happen to use anything else than Windows Defender, try to disable (or better get rid of) your AV program. Some of the more invasive/annoying ones may block the download.Dec 24, 2022 at 8:29pm #214295
I only have defender installed, and that is disabled.. No active firewall either…Dec 24, 2022 at 8:35pm #214296
Checked this in the meantime. Extra stupid mistake on my end, I uploaded the wrong installer. Please redownload, if it still doesn’t work afterwards, try to clear your browser cache to make sure you definitely get the new installer.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the heads-up!Dec 24, 2022 at 8:36pm #214297
On the outside chance i got a bad download or something. I deleted then redownloaded the zip, yep that did it. Installer running nicely now. Thanks for the responses and update !!!
Happy Holidays !!!Dec 24, 2022 at 8:37pm #214298
Twisted minds think alike ;-)Dec 27, 2022 at 12:03am #214325
Hi Ralf, just some feedback on the Witcher 3, AFR works great. however headroll is reversed. positional tracking works on the x axis only i.e left and right.
no headtracking either in terms of looking up, down, left or right….mouse input and controllor as normal.
i know its a beta as you let us know.
this is just feedback
the gesture system is awesomeDec 27, 2022 at 8:52am #214330
Thanks for the feedback. I had to disable the VR optimized camera for the time being, wasn’t good enough yet for prime time. The camera currently moves just like the game’s camera moves normally, which makes looking around feel a bit weird. Will hopefully get this done for the full 23.1.0 release.Dec 27, 2022 at 10:04am #214334
can i just also add
punching people with the gesture system has never felt so satisfying in first person Arkham Knight lol
i use the,swing and punch option….works so well, very little to no latency
on witcher 3, i also tried with the first person mod
now, although i got the warning to disable other mods
it still hooked and looked amazing with AFR
as headtrackig didnt work, i did some horse riding looking straight ahead and ..holy smoke, that was amazing
AFR and the gesture system is a total game changer for vorpxDec 27, 2022 at 12:14pm #214336
been messing around with death stranding in first person….you know that you can grab items with different hands etc…..the gesture system is amazing with this titleDec 27, 2022 at 12:21pm #214338moarveerParticipant
Amazing to see a new update! I think I won’t mess with beta for now, but the gesture system seems promising, thanks for the update Ralf.Dec 27, 2022 at 5:28pm #214341luka2099Participant
where you found the first person view for death stranding?Dec 27, 2022 at 5:38pm #214342
lol luka hi….i made it, with cheat engine, i will post the table with the video in a day or soDec 27, 2022 at 11:16pm #214349moarveerParticipant
Nice can’t wait to see it, loved your Manhunt 2 and Resident Evil 6 vids, and the xwing video was fantastic, I didn’t know the game now looked so good and worked so well in VR, great to see this kind of content.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.