[False Alarm] Broken after Oculus 1.4 update

Homepage Forums Technical Support [False Alarm] Broken after Oculus 1.4 update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mace
    Participant

Since the 1.4 update from Oculus VorpX isn’t working anymore.
    When starting VorpX it looks like its hanging but it just takes ages to load.
    Same goes opening the config tool.

After starting a game when VorpX icon is (finally) in the systray nothing happens.

Are there any logs I can send you?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no issue with Oculus 1.4. Please check the thread linked below.

Maybe your update didn’t go through correctly. Please try to restart your PC. The user who reported the same thing earlier could solve his problem this way:

[False Alarm] Oculus 1.4…. Broken VorpX

Mace
    Participant

Nope, didn’t help.
    Already tried that ofcourse.
    Also my symptoms are different than his.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There definitely is no issue with Oculus 1.4 in general.

As mentioned in the post linked above, multiple games were tested here instantly (on two machines) after the earlier report. Also the user who was originally reporting this could solve his problem.

Please try to reinstall vorpX using your web installer. Maybe you don’t have the latest vorpX version installed (should be 16.2.0).

Other than that please try to disable all background processes that would not be there after a fresh Windows install in case there is an injection conflict. Whatever causes this issue for you, it’s definitely not the Oculus 1.4 update.

Mace
    Participant

Only 1 question in my post. Guess no logs then?

If its not the 1.4 update then (which is good to hear) it’s very curious why it stopped working at exact that time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably a concidence.

Multiple games (Crysis, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Aliens Colonial Marines, Deus Ex Human Revolution, GTA V, Star Wars: Battlefront) were tested here instantly after the original report (Oculus App Version 1.4.0.224375 (1.4.0.224996)). On two machines, with both CV1 and DK2.

Since also the other user could solve his issue it’s quite safe to say that your issue must have another cause – despite incidentally occuring after you updated Oculus Home.

The most common cause of vorpX not hooking is an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. The best way of trouble shooting in this regard is closing down every background process that would not be there after a fresh Microsoft only Windows install.

You can check logfiles by creating a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app. Besides system information it also contains a logfile.

Mace
    Participant

And having a log what actually happens in your app helps a bunch troubleshooting.
    But since you repeatedly ignored that question I can guess the answer.
    I’ll go debugging myself and see whats causing the delays then.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can check logfiles by creating a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app. Besides system information it also contains a logfile.

Mace
    Participant

Only 2 lines in the log. Should there be more?

INF: VorpControl: Starting.
    INF: VorpControl: Starting 64bit.
    Ralf
    Keymaster

There should be a lot more if vorpX hooks into a game.

If the logfile looks this way after you started a game, it means that vorpX did not even try to hook, which is a pretty strong indication of something else interfering.

Mace
    Participant

Ah, talking about coincidence with updates.

Hooked into the processes and saw massive wait times in your app.
    Those led to MsMpEng.exe wich is the Anti Malware of Windows / Defender.
    Guess your processes are suspicious :)

Must have been a definition update around the same time the Oculus 1.4 went off on my system.
    No executable updates from Defender so should be definition only.

fyi the definition version number is 1.22.1.14.0 in case you want to do something with it.

For now I just created an exclusion in Defender on your processes and it works again.

Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!