Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the Earth. Possible with Vorpx?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the Earth. Possible with Vorpx?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    gonzax
    Participant

Awesome! With that I’ve got more than enough to get started, I’m going to read the manual thoroughly and try a few games and experiment. Thanks a lot for your help, honestly, much appreciated.

SJD1969
    Participant

Looking forward to this- keep up updated if you get a working profile going.

moarveer
    Participant

I tried the game with RJK_ profile and it worked great, but the full VR experience lacked a bit, mostly since the low FOV doesn’t help to create a good experience, and the 3d fov was maxed, so it created some issues on the sides of the screen.

The good thing is that as it was mentioned before, DCoTE Unofficial Patch has a FOV option, but it’s greyed out if you use the Steam version since Steam blocks the exe from being modified. I purchased the game from GOG which is on sale currently for 2,59 euro ( https://www.gog.com/game/call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth ) and the unofficial patch works. I could set up 99 FOV instead of the default 55 fov, but it was a bit too much so I set it to 70, tweaked a bit the RJK_ profile and it works great.

Also the view was shaking a bit, so I suggest you turn sensitivity to 1 on the controller options and tweak Vorpx headtracking option instead, it makes the headtracking more solid.

One thing though is that you have to start a new game after changing the FOV, otherwise it doesn’t work. Also it fixes a few bugs like the wrong sky at the beginning and many more things, never finished the game before so this looks really promising.

By the way I tried to endorse RJK profile but it gave me a Unspecified Error:30010, weird.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!