Call of duty: World at war not loading

Homepage Forums Technical Support Call of duty: World at war not loading

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rombodawg
    Participant

I wanted to play custom zombies in vr, Black ops 3 doesnt support G3D and to me Z3D just doesnt cut it. World at war, however has profiles and is listed as G3D compatible. But when i start it up with vorpx running, it simply doesnt load. Vorpx will hook and sais its connecting, then the window for World At War will pop up and just shows all black, no game, just black screen, or sometimes the game screen doesnt load. Im also not able to change settings in vorpx because the game wont load, so i cant configure vorpx through the headset. Also to note i’ve tried with and without mods files for zombies and it doesnt start. Plus i’ve ran world at war without vorpx and it runs fine. Let me know any possible solutions

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game is not officially supported, so I can’t really say anything useful here, sorry. The profile you downloaded from the cloud must be user profile. You can tell whether a profile is official or created by user by it‘s author name. Only profiles with the author name [vorpX] are official ones. There should also be an according note in the profile description.

rombodawg
    Participant

Noted. Thanks for the quick reply

dellrifter22
    Participant

If you haven’t yet, please try the cloud profile labeled Call of Duty: World at War (Improved) [dellrifter22]. The original one had black screen menus if G3D was enabled, but the Improved one should fix this. It was working fine as of a month ago, but I haven’t tried it with the latest vorpX. Will test later tonight.

Here are a couple notes I posted about the COD:WAW profile. Note that it plays best with the listed FOV Changer program loaded before you start. Here is a more direct link to the Changer that is easier to find.

If you happen to be running on oculus, it may be worth trying vorpX in SteamVR mode, which also works for oculus headsets.

Also, if the mod you are trying has it’s own exe, make sure it’s added to the profile assignments. The cloud profile only knows to look for CoDWaW.exe.

Please give the Improved profile a try, and let me know if it works.

rombodawg
    Participant

Ok so i used the (improved) profile you recommended, and i am stuck on this screen. Without anything loading. Stuck here image

rombodawg
    Participant

Not sure sure if that image link worked, here’s another one

rombodawg
    Participant
    rombodawg
    Participant

there we go lol sorry im bad at this

rombodawg
    Participant

Still not sure if those images uploaded. Basically its just the “Call of duty: World at war” game window loading screen. And vorpx telling me
    “Attaching to CoD:WaW.exe This takes quite a while, if you suspect the program hangs or you dont want to use vorpx with it, click the according button. (Add to exclude list) (Close program) (Do Nothing)”

dellrifter22
    Participant

So I just tested on updated vorpX and it still works for me in SteamVR mode. I’m running the Steam version of the game, Windows 10 with Nvidia card.

Mine hooks in fast (only displaying the COD:WAW splash for a second), but then I get about 10-15 seconds of fullscreen black until the sound and main menu boots up. Without vorpX it boots near instantly, but takes a several seconds longer with it.

I’ve noticed the game doesn’t like it if I try to change resolution while in vorpX, and will hang crash if I do so. It might help to first set the game to your monitor native res without vorpX, then relaunch with vorpX and see if you can at least get to the main menu. After that you can test other resolutions.

Sometimes quitting the game can hang it as well, so I now end it through task manager instead.

I’m not sure what else could be stopping your game load, since you say vorpX is working with Black Ops 3. But again, try vorpX in SteamVR mode if you haven’t yet. Try clicking the black screen with your mouse to make sure the window is active, and wait several seconds.

As last resort, you could reinstall the game to reset things to default, and reboot your PC.

Sorry if this isn’t more helpful, other than to say it still can work on current vorpX.

rombodawg
    Participant

Ok so i got the game to work with vorpx, paritally. I am able to attach vorpx to the game as long as i 1: load steam vr first 2: make sure my resolution matches my screen.It load into the menu, and i can even start the campaign. But my problem now is getting the game to display onto the headset. (using psvr with trinuspsvr) first the headset displays steam vr viewer as a red screen, which isnt a problem, this happens with all my games running in vorpx, all i have to do is click on steam vr’s viewer and it displays the game. But once i click off the World at War (to display the game in my HMD), then click back onto World at War (to regain control of the game), the game goes to a black screen and vorpx sais its “waiting for world at war to load”. Not sure if this might be a trinuspsvr issue. If the vorpx is automatically suppose to show the game in the hmd (instead of a red screen) without clicking on steam vr, or if that happens to everyone but thats my issue right now.

rombodawg
    Participant

So its been a while ya’ll. Turnes out TrinusVR. which lets you use vorpx with the psvr, was the issue. Im using an oculus rift s, which i got as an early christmas present, and World at War works perfectly fine now. So i guess theres a happy ending

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad to hear it’s working. Don’t forget to use the FOV mod launcher for a better experience in WaW.

Enjoy your new headset man.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!