Call of Duty: WW2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Call of Duty: WW2

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nathie
    Participant

Hey!

Sledgehammer Games is doing a free weekend of Call of Duty: WW2 on Steam right now. I’ve tried to run it with VorpX but it seems like it’s vsyncing half of the frames. It runs on a stable 25 fps so not ideal for VR. Anyone tried it? I would love to know how I can get the game running in a smooth way. I have tried several profiles from Blops 3 to Advanced Warfare.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I won’t have the chance to check this myself this weekend, so all I can do is guess. Unless there is something different with this game, the only reason for a vorpX imposed FPS cap is the FluidSync option. Would be rather odd if that would lead to 25fps as this cap is fixed at 45, but that’s the only thing that comes to mind right now.

So disabling FluidSync on the display page of the ingame menu might at least be worth a try. That’s really just a guess though.

nathie
    Participant

Interesting. Turning FluidSync off boosts the game up to 60 fps in the menu but when jumping ingame it goes to 25.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I tried it with all the different COD profiles as well. Didnt’s seem to have the frame rate issue you mention, but I could not get any type of 3D working. You could see the Z3D was offset a bit on the edges, but no 3D depth effect :(

you have vsync enabled in the game settings for some reason?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I could not get any type of 3D working.

Update: I’ve found Z3D works after switching to windowed mode and back to fullscreen using Alt+Enter twice :) . Forgot about that trick.

And i checked the frame rates again, getting above 25 with async=on fluidsync=off. I have “sync every frame” setting turned off in game also, but didn’t test with it on.

p.s. you the Nathie on youtube? like the vr vids, introduced me to vorpX :)

nathie
    Participant

Wow! Didn’t knew that. Such a simple solution. Will definitely give it a try. Awesome to hear you discovered VorpX through me. Appreciate the tips :D !

Garystevens
    Participant

I tried it running on VR, and also on the Playstation as well as on XBOX. Well, in all the consoles I found the game is running smoothly on the Xbox as I have recently purchased Xbox live 50 euro kaufen from Press-start and started playing the awesome games on it in very low rate. Yeah, the game runs at 25 fps as we compare to Blops 3 to advance warfare.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I noticed CoD WWII in the local profiles list today, so I grabbed it on a sale to try the campaign. It hooks fine and plays smoothly, but no working 3D (guessing this is intentional).

I understand now that it’s not actually supported yet, and that judder issues were a problem initially. Is this still the case?

I was hoping for some Z3D similar to that I got working for the mp beta using the Infinite Warfare profile months ago. I’d like to try that and some other profiles – even if they are a bit wonky.

How can I remove the official profile lock? Renaming the exe does not allow the game to launch.

This CoD looks pretty neat, hope we can figure this out.

mpmo
    Participant

Just commenting here to ask: will any of the newer cod or battlefield series ever get G3D?

dellrifter22
    Participant

If any recent updates to vorpX dx11 can now grant any 3D to the campaign, let us know 👍

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an issue with recent COD games before it even comes to 3D or not: some odd flicker that looks as if one or two times per second an older frame is displayed instead of the one that actually should be displayed.

Without this glitch there would be official profiles for recent COD games of course. Unfortunately it’s a tough one, resolving it might require an entirely different rendering approach than the one vorpX uses currently, which would consume a lot of time for just 2 or 3 games – with uncertain outcome. I have a few ideas, but so far there always have been more pressing matters on table.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Understandable, thanks for checking.

There are lots of reports of flicker problems on steam involving fullscreen/borderless and changeable refresh rates. Maybe not the solution we are looking for.

If you ever decide to unlock the profile, I’d be happy to do testing with unofficial ones.

haints
    Participant

What profile is anyone using with this?

haints
    Participant

I can’t get any 3D at all using the Alt/Enter trick …

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!