Config not starting – no window

Homepage Forums Technical Support Config not starting – no window

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    b_vo
    Participant

I got vorpx today. Same problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to exclude the program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from your AV scanner. That’s the most likely cause of such an issue.

User
    Participant

I bought vorpX a few days ago. At first I was able to run the config. Now I can’t. Today I wanted to actually play something with vorpX, but the config menu will immediately quit before showing, no matter where I start it from, while vorpX itself is running. Reinstalled and rebooted twice. Nothing… I don’t know what should be different now on my system compared to a few days ago.

frankalexandre
    Participant

Yeah, same thing happens to me, sometimes the config works, but close itself after a few seconds. Try to run it on safe mode. It works for me there most of the times.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ User: if this started with yesterday’s update, it’s probably an antivirus problem. Unfortunately some AV programs produce false positive detections with almost any new vorpX version. Try to exclude the vorpX program folder (normally C:\Programs Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from your AV scanner to get rid of this problem.

User
    Participant

I added the vorpX installation folder to the exceptions, but it’s still the same.

User
    Participant

I fixed it. The config exe was blocked under windows security->viruses.

danlman
    Participant

I can confirm.

danlman
    Participant

The only way I am able to get my VorpX Config to start is by allowing a virus detected by Windows Security: “Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl” that has affected Vorxconfig.exe. Does this mean VorpX Config has a virus? I’m blocking VorpX Config until I can be sure VorpX isn’t infected.

ViveR
    Participant

Hello, I just bought vorpx today. I googled and followed all the suggestions above but nothing works. When I right click on the vorpx icon in the taskbar and select “Conifgure vorpx” nothing happens. Pretty useless when I’m not able to configure the software :(.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you happen to use any other antivirus program than Windows Defeneder, as the very first thing try to exclude the vorpX program folder from ALL functionality of your AV scanner. If in doubt, switch to Windows Defender by removing the third party AV. There isn’t really any need for that anymore. Windows Defender for all intents and purposes is more than good enough for several years now.

If that is not your issue:

Please check whether maybe your DotNet installation is corrupt. On Windows 10 no additional DotNet install should be required, but who knows. The config app requires DotNet 4.6.2.

Also try to uninstall/reinstall vorpX if you haven’t done so already. Just to make sure the installation isn’t corrupt somehow. Keep the license information when the uninstaller asks about that.

DotNet Repair tool
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

DotNet 4.6.2 installer:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

ViveR
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have no third-party AV installed and already made an exception for the vorpx folder and files in Windows Defender.

I have Windows 10 with the latest updates installed, no issues have been found by the DotNet Repair tool and I already have a newer version than 4.6.2 so it won’t let me install that version anymore.

I tried a re-install of vorpx but no luck there either…

Anything else I can try?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!