Custom resolution help

Homepage Forums Technical Support Custom resolution help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bjt
    Participant

I’ve recently bought VorpX and am glad I did as its fantastic so far! But I’m just trying to create a custom resolution for the best possible quality as in Ralph’s comments in this thread where he recommends 1920 x 1440:

Amazing trick to REALLY IMPROVE EXEPRIENCE

I need to create a 1920 x 1440 resolution and I’m using an AMD graphics card. My issue is, when creating a custom resolution is that there are many other settings that need to be filled in when creating one from scratch i.e.

Timing Standard
    G.Pixel Clock
    G.Refresh Rate (Hz)
    H.Timing Total
    H.Timing Display
    H.Timing Front Porch
    H.Timing Sync Width
    V.Timing Total
    V.Timing Display
    V.Timing Front Porch
    V.Timing Sync Width
    H.Timing Polarity
    V.Timing Polarity

Does anyone know what to set these to for the CV1? I’d really appreciate help with this as I can’t find any info on this anywhere!

prinyo
    Participant

The easiest way to deal with this is to keep the default resolution – 1280×1024, that VorpX is setting. When you start the game open the VorpX menu, find Internal Resolution Upscale and set it to 2.
    You will get the same end result without the need to add custom resolution and (for some games) tinker with ini files.
    You can also experiment with different values to find the optimal setting for quality/performance balance.

bjt
    Participant

I managed to create one using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) which was much easier than using AMD’s built in utility. I’ll keep your suggesting in mind though, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!