Custom resolutions dissapearing

Homepage Forums Technical Support Custom resolutions dissapearing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ratcat
    Participant

Spent ages putting new custom res’s in to nVid cont pan. Next day they were all gone? Fix

Minabe
    Participant

That has nothing to do with vorpX though, no idea why it’d take you ages either. Check https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/custom-resolutions-for-the-direct-vr-settings-optimizer/page/3/#post-207832 to implemment only the resolutions you need and are supported by your monitor/tv.

dellrifter22
    Participant

This is why I only update my Nvidia drivers once a year.

I can lose my list of resolutions if I update my video drivers, and on rare occasion a windows update has also wiped them. Also if I unplug my monitor and plug it into a different HDMI/display port that can lose them. It seems that the resolutions are saved to the specific port and monitor setup that you created them with.

I too have a long list of about 30 custom resolutions to cover many options across many games. One thing I do to make it easier is take a screenshot with my phone the list for reference when I need to remake them.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Usually custom resolutions are only wiped when you wipe settings during driver updates, a normal driver update leaves them intact. There is a little backup tool though that helps in case you want to do a full driver install or the resolutions are wiprd for some other reason:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Nvidia-Custom-Resolutions-Backup-Tool

ratcat
    Participant

Just forget it. I gave up after playing with settings adding custom start up shortcuts, dicking around endlessly. Its such a f*cking useless piece of crap software.I’m a computer tech. I have an i9 9900k on 48 GB RAM etc etc and I still get terrible FPS and I havent played even one game OOTB with VORPX that looks good and plays well. Many hours trying to get a game look reasonable Just forget it like I said. I’m going to uninstall and pretend I’ve never heard of it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Keep in mind that rendering games for VR costs at least 50% performance compared to playing them on your monitor since each frame has to be rendered twice, once for each eye. Depending on the game engine it can be even be more than that. Also the larger field of view can cost performance since more stuff has to be drawn. And on top of all that there is another small performance hit (about 10%) for rendering to the headset.

If a game doesn’t run fast enough, consider reducing graphics details in the game options and/or switching to Z3D in the vorpX menu. Z3D only renders one image per frame and then applies a post process 3d effect afterwards, which is a lot faster.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!