Cyberpunk 2077 stand-alone VR mod (flatscreen)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cyberpunk 2077 stand-alone VR mod (flatscreen)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sympathetic
    Participant

Just installed the stand-alone mod today and unfortunately I only get a flatscreen in front of me rather than immersed in a 3d environment…

but I am curious if the very recent DLSS update broke things? they’re still calling it v1.6.1 but have made changes (likely to video pipeline dlls no less?)

at any rate, I’m using:
    – a Vive Pro 2 (configured mod for Steam)
    – RTX 4090
    – alder lake cpu

Ralf
    Keymaster

The mod uses the Cyber Engine Tweaks modding framework, which will need an update for each new Cyberpunk version. At time of writing this post none is available yet, but in the past that usually only took a day or two:

https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/releases/

petey53
    Participant

Yeah it doesn’t work and never has for me, I have different images in both eyes, the controller doesn’t seem to know which one it wants to use, I get a warning message saying I am on a higher version than 1.61, I give up.. I initially bought this vorpX to play my games in 3d on my projector and it did okay with that, but since getting my VR headset all I have had is issue after issue trying to play games in VR, if I only much as look at my VR controllers it screws up my inputs on pretty much anything I have tried, I have just spent a week trying out all my games and have come to the conclusion that this vorpX is only suitable for 3d on a big screen if you are lucky enough that it works, TitanFall 2 is the only game that was almost playable in almost VR without too many issues as long as I didn’t look at my vr controllers or bump the floor to hard that would screw up my gamepad, so I think from now on it’ll just be I will buy native VR games from now on and hope they make native VR support one day for these games, because I haven’t got the time anymore to mess around with this.

petey53
    Participant

Sorry about my rant above I was just annoyed yesterday and having a nightmare trying to get some games working 😒 vorpX is a great tool to be fair, needs improvements yes, but it has been worth the price I paid for it, I don’t know what is going on with cyberpunk but I hope it can be fixed for those of us that are getting issues.

sympathetic
    Participant

now I have the updated CET, but it still does not work. I also have the additional bug that only keyboard and mouse functions are working in game (controllers work fine in tutorial cell, but in menu or in game)

melvladimir
    Participant

Try to reinstall stand-alone (I’ve initiated a verifying of files of the game and then just installed the latest version of stand alone mode). BTW, I decided to play with keyboard and mouse, it is easier.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ sympathetic: I recently encountered the motion controller not working issue myself for the first time. Worked again after a relaunch. I’ll try to figure out the cause. For now please check whether restarting the game helps in your case too.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@sympathetic Don’t forget that Full VR mode is only one of the options. It’s a lot of fun when it works pretty well ‘out of the box’ with a title, but there are a lot of titles built around standard controllers or keyboard and mouse where the controls just don’t translate well at all into anything particularly usable on VR motion controllers. I love playing standing FO3 in ‘full vr’ mode, I just stand and use my XBox controller though, because no combination of controls I’ve ever been able to come up with on my Index controllers really works well.
    For most titles I’m absolutely happy running in virtual cinema mode also.
    If your goal is to truly go full-VR mode with all your old game, I mean, that would be so, so much work. Try going a half-step instead and you’ll save yourself a lot of heartache and still have a great time. (I also use vorpX on both my HMD and a 3D display – it’s great to be able to switch back and forth as per my desired usage scenario.)

geogan
    Participant

I just tried running latest Cyberpunk on Pico 4 over Virtual Desktop and I also can’t get the full 3D mode working – it only displays as flat screen in VR headset. I can see the VORPX menu and did change back and forth from the Cinema mode to the VR mode.

Also since it is not working is there some way of just running standard monitor mode Cyberpunk i.e disable VORPX completely or do I have to uninstall it somehow? Is it even possible to uninstall itself cleanly from the Cyberpunk install? I would prefer not to have to uninstall, but some disable method.

EDIT: Actually I see there is a new Cyberengine tweak for Game version 1.61 DLSS – not sure how to install/update it though

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just (re-)install the latest version of the vorpX Cyberpunk mod. I uploaded a new installer two days ago that comes with the latest CET.

geogan
    Participant

I did look at your download page to see if newer version available, but didn’t know it was different – nothing on page said it – you should probably mention there the version of mod somewhere…

Anyway I installed new version and ran as I did last time… headset on… run virtual desktop… start SteamVR in virtual desktop… go back to desktop in headset… run Cyberpunk in Epic games library list…

But as soon as it loads into the main animated game menu it shuts down and I get a “Cyberpunk flatlined” error window.

With previous version of mod I could actually get into the game world and move around (just flat)

any ideas?

Error in stacktrace.txt

Error reason: Unhandled exception
    Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
    Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
    File: <Unknown>(0)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to uninstall/reinstall the mod.

If that doesn’t help: uninstall both the mod and Cyberpunk, delete your Cyberpunk folder, reinstall both.

geogan
    Participant

Does your patch keep a backup of all files it replaces in the Cyberpunk install folder, and can it replace all files with ORIGINAL files when it is uninstalled?

Reason I ask is I uninstalled the mod, then in Epic Games I did a “Repair” on Cyberpunk game, and this caused it to re-download the entire 65GB of the game – not sure why but that is horribly inefficient way for it to do a repair – it should only have to replace a few small individual files which fail to match what it thinks should be there (using CRC checks). Very poor programming from them or Epic.

And… not going to reinstall your VR patch unless it can revert Cyberpunk to exact way it was before patch when I want to remove it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No files are replaced at all and you can install the mod simply from the Add/Remove programs Windows settings page. Hope that answers your concerns.

geogan
    Participant

Reinstalled mod and attempted to run Cyberpunk. Crashes as soon as the first screen with instructions appears for some reason

Error reason: Unhandled exception
    Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
    Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
    File: <Unknown>(0)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!