Cyberpunk 2077 Vr mod issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Cyberpunk 2077 Vr mod issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    rombodawg
    Participant

I downloaded the cyberpunk 2077 mod and everytime I look left and right, or turn the joystick in any direction I immedietly have my left and right eye desync from each other. This messes up the 3d and frankly makes me wanna puke immedietly. Any fix recommendations would be helpfull. Running at 70-80 fps, with a ryzen 5600x, rtx 3080, 32gb ram, on ssd storage. HP reverb G1 headset running in Open-vr mode. Should i try uninstalling it and reinstalling with steamvr mode? Not sure if that will fix or not

Ralf
    Keymaster

Use OpenXR instead of SteamVR for WMR headsets (with WMR being your system’s OpenXR runtime). That should fix this.

ThatGuyR3D
    Participant

using oculus rift s, 2060 super, i5 8600k and 24gb ram and unfortunately finding that my game crashes right as the cd projekt red logo comes on screen. I’ve tried open xr, oculus, and steam vr options and still finding that it crashes. Please help!
    P.S. I really appreciate your work in making this mod and hope I can experience it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you maybe have any other mods installed? If so, please try whether the issue also occurs without any mods. Especially mods that hook into the graphics pipeline by placing a d3d12.dll or dxgi.dll into the game folder might cause problems.

In a similar vein, avoid running external tools that can hook into games. That means basically anything that can show an overlay in games.

vikdaboss
    Participant

Just downloaded the vr mod, i’m using a Quest 2 with a link cable, the problem is I can’t seem to be able to get into fullVR, and i’m just stuck in “edge peek” mode. Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to resolve this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

EdgePeek is supposed to be disabled automatically once the game starts. If you have any mods installed, please try without. Maybe one of them breaks the detection that determines when EdgePeek is to be turned on/off.

if that is the case, it would be great if you could let me know which mod triggers the issue.

vikdaboss
    Participant

This is a fresh install so no mods, i’ll keep looking to see what may be wrong.

vikdaboss
    Participant

Ok here’s what’s happening: when i do get into “full vr” all it looks like is the regular vorpX screen but it follows my head tracking (aka my character doesnt look around as i do) and furthermore, as soon as i go back into edge peek i’m stuck in it once again.

In terms of hardware the only non-standard thing i have is my link cable because it’s not the official one. On the software side i have the latest Nvidia drivers and the game is unmodded on a fresh install.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you change any settings in the vorpX menu? If so, please uninstall and then reinstall the mod to reset all settings to default, just in case.

In the config app, make sure that Oculus is selected as your headset type first. If that doesn’t work, try the other options (OpenXR, SteamVR).

vikdaboss
    Participant

Hey thanks for these quick answers, but i’m still puzzled and stuck. I cant enter “true” VR, all i ever get is a flat screen in front of me, and sometimes a flat screen glued to my face (as in it follows my view as described earlier). I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the mod to make sure all settings are reset, and i’ve tried all 3 options (OpenXR, SteamVR, and Oculus).

The injector is clearly doing something since i see the game in my headset, but fullVR just straight up doesnt work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to make sure I understand your issue? Can you look around in the game when you rotate your head or not?

vikdaboss
    Participant

No

Ralf
    Keymaster

And you have definitely no other mods installed that may affect the game’s camera? Maybe some leftover from a prior install of the game in the same folder.

if in doubt, please delete the [CP2077]\bin\x64\plugins folder and then reinstall the VR mod.

vikdaboss
    Participant

No change after deleting the plugins folder and reinstalling.

One more things that come to mind:

going through the vorpX settings under DirectVR it says:
    head tracking rotation unavailable
    head tracking position: unavailable

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s unrelated. A bit confusing, but these entries are related to the DirectVR memory scannner, a feature of the regular vorpX that is used in some other games, but not in the mod.

Something I didn’t mention before: the mod only works corectly with the current Cyberpunk 2077 version (1.31), not with older versions.

If that also is not your issue, please send your [User]\AppData\Temp\vorpX.log file via mail to support at vorpx com. I’d like to check wehther it shows anything unusual in respect to head tracking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!