Desktop Viewer and games are spinning all over the place

Homepage Forums Technical Support Desktop Viewer and games are spinning all over the place

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

I finally tried VorpX with Rift S and the current Oculus drivers, and tested the Desktop Viewer first. I can’t see anything because the screen is spinning all over my view. The same thing happens with Witcher 2 and 3 (first one doesn’t hook, but that’s for another thread).

My install is fresh. I ran everything in the proper order. I don’t have any of those nasty utilities that interfere with injection. But VorpX still doesn’t want to work properly.

I’ve been trying many many workarounds and ideas for hours now, to no avail, and i’m very frustrated and depressed.

Please help me.

jjensson
    Participant

I made a video with my phone of how it looks in Desktop Viewer:

jjensson
    Participant

Sorry for the multiple posts, but editing is disabled.
    The above mentioned problem occurs when running System Shock 2 as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to disconnect any gamepad/joystick etc. (especially flightsticks/steering wheels) you may have connected to your PC. Alternatively make sure all their axes are centered.

jjensson
    Participant

But i don’t have a gamepad/joystick. Should i disconnect my mouse? Does VorpX automatically use the motion controllers for input?

jjensson
    Participant

I uninstalled the Wacom Tablet driver. I disabled the Logitech mouse software, i even unplugged the mouse before starting vorpX and Desktop Viewer. Nothing helps.
    I’ll try to disable the Windows MouseFix i use for normal gaming. Otherwise i’m out of ideas.

Ralf
    Keymaster

One more thing, in case you didn’t try that already: try a full factory reset in the vorpX config app.

After you did that, check whether disabling head tracking in the config app makes any difference.

Also try other VR applications if you did not do that already to check whether the issue occurs generally with your headset or is vorpX specific.

Might also make sense to reinstall the Oculus software and repeat the headset setup.

jjensson
    Participant

I greatly appreciate your help, Ralf. I tried your suggestions.

Factory reset: no change.

But: Disabling head tracking stops the constant spinning!

All other VR apps i tested (the Oculus intro stuff, The Lab, Big Screen in Oculus Home etc) seem to work normally. So it’s definitely a vorpX issue.

I did a repair of the Oculus software yesterday (had to delete the program folder as well). I even re-did my Guardian setup. And now i changed the display port, but it’s all the same.

BTW: The Desktop viewer looks completely washed out (wrong gamma). Could this be because i use a gamma loader for my calibrated monitor? How do i fix this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case you didn’t try the most basic thing yet: try to reboot the PC.

Gamma:

There should be a ‘More cinema settings’ button on the main page of the menu, which let’s you adjust the cinema environment if necessary.

The actual game gamma can be adjusted separetly on the image page of the vorpX menu.

jjensson
    Participant

Yeah, i know, but i’m rebooting often.

I managed to get into the menu (a bit strange with no head-tracking), and set the gamma to minimal (0.50). Better, but it’s still way too bright. There is some heavy gamma mismatch going on, which applies to the complete Desktop Viewer (screen, lounge background, menu). This issue is not happening with any other VR apps.
    Here is a snapshot with my phone: https://imgur.com/GB18Hpt

(At least i got to see the vorpX menu, and i’m impressed with the many many options.)

As i said, i have a custom calibrated ICC profile running for my monitor, which is included in the Win10 color management settings.

What else should i try?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t really think I can help with that beyond what I already wroty above. Sorry.

If you run any gamma profili software on your Windows, try to disable/remove it.

If you want a refund, please send me a mail to support |at| vorpx com. Judging from the rather unusual problems you have on your machine that might be the best solution.

Otherwise I would as a last measure suggest to reinstall Windows to make sure you *REALLY* have a clean Windows install. Then don’t install anything besides the Oculus software and vorpX. If you have an older harddisk somewhere, you could use that for testing purposes without having to kill your current Windows install.

jjensson
    Participant

I just removed the gamma loader (uninstalled the software), and then completely disabled any custom ICC profiles in the Win10 color management settings.

After a reboot there still was no change, so the problem lies elsewhere.

I’m not giving up that easily. I’ll try a different nVidia driver, and then a fresh Windows install (i can backup my partition). I’ll report after that.

BTW, do you have any idea what my other issue could be? Maybe the problems are related? https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/error-w-witcher-1-both-oculus-and-steamvr/

RJK_
    Participant

If you dont mind me popping in, The logitech mousedrivers can cause all kind of problems with certain games. (For exemple mousepointers moving too fast). Concerning the “spinning” i would remove any logitech drivers (and other mouse stuff) for a test.

jjensson
    Participant

Thx. I already disabled the Logitech software and tested. But i’ll try an uninstall as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try a fresh Windows install. I’m just as out of ideas as you are. If that is not an option ot doesn’t help, my offer from above stands, of course. Send me a mail if you want that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!