Desktop Viewer and games are spinning all over the place

Homepage Forums Technical Support Desktop Viewer and games are spinning all over the place

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Well, if really *everything* fails, i’ll take your offer, of course. I really appreciate your help. But i’ve bought a Rift S mainly for vorpX use, with the intention to completely change the way i play games. I will not accept that easily that my dream is shattered. I’m not giving up. After all, it works for everybody else.

Another nVidia driver did not fix the gamma mismatch, so next on the table is a fresh Win10 install. This could take a bit more time, but i’ll get back to you soon.

Ralf
    Keymaster

BTW: The Oculus init error -3003 means “Couldn’t connect to the OVR Service.”. Something is seriously messed messed up if not even the Oculus runtime can be initialized correctly.

BTW2: If you happen to use multiple GPUs, make sure both your monitor and the headset are plugged into the same GPU. If you use multiple monitors, disconnect all but your main monitor.

jjensson
    Participant

Good news, Ralf! On a fresh Win10 install Desktop Viewer runs fine, even with the gamma loader and custom ICC profile (vorpX required a new install key, though :). No problems with crazy head tracking either. And, even though i did not test it yet, probably the init errors are gone as well.

Looks like i’m gonna trash this installation and use the new one, and re-install all my software carefully, one by one, with frequent vorpX checks and system backups.

This is all very strange, because i know what i’m doing with my Windows, and usually don’t have problems like this.

BTW, is there a possibility to use the Touch controllers to click into the vorpX “in-game” menu? I can move the cursor with the thumbsticks and the shortcuts seem to work, but the emulated mouse buttons don’t “click” on the menu buttons.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you could solve it.

You can navigate/use the menu with the left touch controller. Left trigger is a button click. Just checked it with the Rift S controllers since I wasn’t entirely sure anymore myself.

BTW: I would be very careful with your rather aggressive firewall add-on. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if it even blocks internal communication between two apps if they use a network protocol. vorpX doesn’t, but others may.

jjensson
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up. I’m aware of that, but the firewall control usually notifies me if something new occurs. It’s not 100% reliable, i think – i remember having exactly the problem you mentioned. I’ll look into it further.

Tomorrow i’ll try vorpX with Witcher 1 on my new install, and i’ll update my other post.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!