Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JochenH
    Participant

So with some help from other threads in this forum and other discussions on the internet I got this running finally. Good thing is it runs in Geometry 3D! Feels very immersive and after some tweaking with controls I got them running, Xbox controllers works and head tracking is good.

So I want to play that now, but would like to have better graphics. In the game when I put all graphics on highest level it looks pretty good for a ten years old game. But with VorPx in does not look well, even in highest possible resolution.

I tried in the Vorpx menu the graphics option, but only up to “decent” is supported! Above decent are somme other levels, highest is “ultra”, but I cannot activate that right now. Is there some way to rise graphics above “decent”?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There should be a hint regarding adding custom resolutions directly below the option in the vorpX menu when you select an unavailable one… Honestly guys, sometimes it’s a bit disheartening to see how many people apparently don’t even read valuable hints that are shown directly within the app in the most obvious way imaginable at exactly the right place and time.

The post below (or the according section in the vorpX help) has a list of useful resolutions to add. A bit of a chore to add them to your graphics driver, but once you have added them, vorpX’s DirectVR auto resolution feature can choose the higher ones too.

Custom Resolutions for the Direct VR Settings Optimizer

JochenH
    Participant

So Ralf I am sorry to make you upset! In fact I am a long time user of Vorpx and I read all stuff carefully. I added custom resolutions long time ago, I remember I did that when I had problems with Bioshock Infinite a year ago.

But I added much more custom resolutions yesterday. At least that shouldnt hurt, right?

I restarted Deus Ex HR then and could really change the quality from decent to ultra. Before it did not work! The game also looks now much better.

I later tried Dishonored 2, which also seems to take profit from the new resolutions. It now looks as good as it gets for a game not having geometry 3D.

Also Mass Effect Legendary works now much better with the new resolutions.

I guess that I did not add the very high resolution options before, also I added some fancy 5:4 or 8:9 resolutions now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No worries, you didn’t upset me in any way. For your own good just read whatever hint vorpX displays in the future. Surprisingly those aren’t just decoration. ;)

JochenH
    Participant

I admit that I considered vorpX a bit too “chatty”. At least I will consider now the advices when a game does not do what I want.

By the way: I am especially happy about the look of Dishonored 2 now. Dishonored 1 was my favorite vorpX game and I really wanted the second part look an play well. The game is pretty long and also has a big addon, you also can play as Corvo or Emily, so 100+ hours of gameplay are here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!