Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Can’t read text in game please help!)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Can’t read text in game please help!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

Just tried Deus Ex Human Revolution with Vorpx but once in the game I can’t read any on screen text, whether it be subtitles or data pads. The text is all blurred or jumbled looking.

I set the resolution to 1920X1080. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Does it look like this for any of you? Maybe it’s a result of the 3D being too high. I didn’t touch anything though. This is how it’s looking at default.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Run the game at a higher resolution. 1920×1440 is usually a good resolution for vorpX. If your PC does not support this resolution, check the “Custom Resolutions” section in the help for detailed instructions how to add it.

Apart from that: If the game supports a scalable HUD (can’t remember currently whether that’s the case here), switch to EdgePeek mode (mouse wheel click) for using menus. That’s good advice anyway since it’s more comfortable for using menu.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

1920×1440 is not supported by my PC. I just don’t understand why 1920X1080 isn’t good enough. That resolution seems to be fine with every other game…

Playing the game normally on my PC is fine. The text is clear and the graphics are crisp. So why when I use my Oculus along with Vorpx, it distorts the text?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you actually read my reply above? if the game has a scalable HUD (I’m not sure, but I think it has), vorpX makes it smaller so you can fully see it in the headset.

You can switch to EdgePeek (mousewheel click) to have it shown at full size.

Also check the “Custom Resolutions” section in the help (or here) like suggested above to learn how to add higher resolutions (provided you have an nVidia GPU). 1920×1440 makes the game better regardless of HUD issues.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Yes, I read your post. I tried custom resolution but like I “said” it won’t let me make 1920×1440, my computer doesn’t support it. The only thing that works is the EdgePeek (middle mouse click). The text becomes clear but you are zoomed out. And it takes you out of the VR feel.

I wanted to find a solution that doesn’t zoom out the hud. But, ironically, the reason why the text is blurry is because Vorpx has the hud “too” zoomed in. But, when you zoom out the hud manually, it’s too zoomed out and you get taken out of the VR effect…

So, I guess I’ll have to use EdgePeek when I want to hack or read data pads. Not the end of the world, but Vorpx should take note of this and look into some scaling updates that don’t blur the hud when zoomed in…

Ralf
    Keymaster

You could try to scale up the HUD on the image page of the vorpX menu, but that doesn’t really solve anyting sinve then it will move out of sight and you need EdgePeek anyway.

You have to raise the game resolution somehow. If you are using an nVidia GPU, you should be able to add the 1920×1440 resolution. If that’s the case, please double check that you followed each single step in the instructions precisely.

If for some reason it still does not work or you have an AMD card, you can enable a feature called “Dynamic Super Resolution” (nVidia) or Virtual Super Resolution (AMD) in your GPU control panel for higher resolutions. That’s not as good as adding a 1920×1440 custom resolution, which would avoid rendering unnecessary pixels, but will at least also allow to create resolutions higher than your monitor allows.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I have nVidia. I followed the steps for custom resolution but when I go to do the test for 1920×1440 it fails.

I also don’t know what it means by DSR factors? Dynamic Super Resolution? I have no such boxes to check in my nvidia control panel. I proceed to do the test and it fails.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Dounle check that you have the “Enable resolutions not exposed by the display” enable (step 4. of the instructions). If you happen to have a monitor with more then 60Hz, also try a 60Hz resolution, you might not be able to add higher resolutions with high refreh rates.

If it still does not work: the DSR settings are in the 3D-Settings section of your nVidia control panel. Google Dynamic Super Resolution if you can’t find them, there almost certainly are plenty of screenshots and videos on the web showing where they are.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I have “Enable resolutions not exposed by the display” checked. Unfortunately, under global settings I have no DSR options available.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Google Dynamic Super Resolution if you can’t find them, there almost certainly are plenty of screenshots and videos on the web showing where they are.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I did. And like a lot of users, I have no such options in my global settings.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!