Deus ex human revolution FOV

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Deus ex human revolution FOV

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

has anYone managed to change the 3rd person FOV with the zoom in that mode to be higher, the standard fov setting onlY changes the main FOV.

best i have done is set it to 100 then use geometrY 3D fov enchancement set to 0.40, this means the 3rd person isn’t soo bad, if You set fov to standard 70 then vorpx to 1.5 fov enchaement everYthing is perfect FOV wise but there is too much culling.

ideallY i would like to run the game in 2D with fov 120 on 1st and 3rd person, this game doenst work in 3d due do weapon issues.

BuckleBean
    Participant

I’m not sure about 3rd person, but you can edit the registry to change the fov to 120. I found this text online a while back:

“Just go to: regedit>current user>software>eidos>Deus Ex: HRDC parent directory. The FOV isn’t in the subfolders for the other settings, you gotta stay at the top one. The values are in hex, so you just edit whatever your current setting is to 78 for 120fov. And don’t navigate to the game settings menu in game; that breaks the spell.”

That’s for the director’s cut. For the regular version, there is a similarly named folder.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

Yeah i did that, its the same deal, its only 1st person.

the biggest issue is aiming from cover, its too zoomed in, the majortiy os the combat comes from this viewpoint.

BuckleBean
    Participant

IIRC, what I did was tapped the middle mouse button to use edge peek whenever I went into cover mode. But I mostly just didn’t use cover mode. I play stealthy & avoid combat anyway & when I do engage, I just do it from first person. Not the answer you’re looking for, but it works fine for my playstyle.

kurry
    Participant

Can any of you guys upload the profile to Vorpx?
    I’ve been having trouble getting this to look right.
    I keep getting weird glitches in the corner of the screen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!