Devil May Cry 5

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Devil May Cry 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    d0kt0r
    Participant

Hi,

After some progress made in the RE Engine thanks to Ralph, I’ve tested a few things with another RE Engine title , DmC5 , with some results to share.
    Prerequisites :
    First of all, you need to change in the game folder, the dmc5config.ini, and modify the [Render] part to this :
    [Render]
    PCTargetAPIFallback=Enable
    Capability=DirectX12
    TargetPlatform=DirectX11
    UseVendorExtention=Disable
    UseOptimizeShader=Enable
    LastCrashReport=

Second, if you get a d3d fatal error application, you need to delete in the same file dmc5config.ini all the [RenderConfig] part. The game will recreate it from default, and vorpx profile will hook.

Being able to hook, I’ve tested 2 vorpx profiles :

1) Recent RE Remake Geometry Profile : It doesnt have any 3D at all, but no issues related to strange effects (like the original issues in RE Remake with some objects in one eye only).

2) Original RE7 profile : There are some results with this profile. Even if inside the vorpx menu, it says that there is no 3d reconstruction, SEEMS to be some 3D.
    The bad part, is that in one eye you get some reflections and you dont have on the other eye, and it is quite disgusting, but the 3D part is nice.

The game is graphically pretty impressive.

Spixe
    Participant

I’ve been looking forever for a DMC VR addition and you are the only one who seems to have gotten that far. So first and foremost, thanks for your work. Would you by chance happen to have any working update to this? I’d love to play in VR, but as it stands, with the 2 profiles you mentioned, neither is truly playable for long term (well, 1, but without 3d, it don’t think it can really be considered VR). Anyway, thanks again, looking forward to your reply!

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Yes , i would like a DMC5 G3d profile too.

jeesssy
    Participant

me three

KickB
    Participant

Me too!

zig11727
    Participant

I have a profile I can upload to cloud which is Geometry 3D cinema mode.

The following must be must match in dmc5config.ini (which is located in the
    where the game was installed)
    The setting below must be edit in ini file for the profile to work

The profile was tested on my HP Reverb and works fine based on Ralf’s RE2 remake profile.
    [Render]
    PCTargetAPIFallback=Enable
    Capability=DirectX12
    TargetPlatform=DirectX11
    UseOptimizeShader=Enable
    LastCrashReport=
    UseVendorExtention=Disable

Oliiiiive
    Participant

hi,
    please share your profile with us , i’m waiting for a g3d profile to launch this game.

zig11727
    Participant

@oliiiiive & others user’s

It’s been uploaded to the cloud follow the instructions and edit the dmc3config.ini

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks a lot , the game is gorgeous in G3D( What a game engine !!!).

I’ve found that the game only launch in 1980 X 1080 and full screen.
    If like me you had a 1440p resolution for my Index it doen’t work( Same thing for Monster hunter world from Capcom).

Thank you again.

Ps : Can someone provide a MGS V ( a phantom pain profile) Please………….

zig11727
    Participant

@Oliiiiive & users

When I have time I will try to get DMC 5 to launch in 1440P I will also look into MGS V profile soon.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Wonderfull

senoctar
    Participant

Is there any way to get Z3D working?
    G3D works great visually but FPS is abysmal. I get 120-160 with no depth and 35 to 40 with G3D.
    It’s working fine with Reshade + Depth 3D at above 100 FPS, but I would prefer to have it working in vorpx cinema.

Ogrescar
    Participant

To play in Z3D:

1. Make a copy of devilmaycry5.exe.
    2. Make a copy of the Resident Evil 7 profile.
    3. Assign the copy of devilmaycry5.exe to the copy of the Resident Evil 7 profile.
    4. Run the copy.
    5. Ignore the messed up G3D and go to z-normal/adaptive mode.
    6. Enjoy playing the game in Z3D.
    7. Pay my consultation fee. Never mind – this was a no-brainer since Devil May Cry 5 uses the RE engine.

senoctar
    Participant

With RE7 profile the G3D is indeed messed up, with differences in brightness and visible objects between the eyes (and runs at 40 FPS).

However Z3D is still not working.
    The option does appear in vorpX menu but it does nothing. There’s no visual difference between Z-Normal/Z-Adaptive and OFF, or using something like Virtual Desktop.

Thanks for the help though. I guess I’ll have to stick to Reshade + Depth3D on this title.

Ogrescar
    Participant

If Z3D is not working, I’d suggest you look at the game’s graphics options and make sure that you start it with a resolution scale of 100. Anything else and vorpx will not use the correct nodes in the swapchain. You can’t change this in game without breaking the 3D reconstruction because doing so adds/modifies nodes in the swapchain – it must be set at startup to 100%.

Vorpx doesn’t appear to like borderless fullscreen in this game (problems with hooking it), so use regular fullscreen or windowed mode, probably with a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.

Anyway, I had forgot how long it takes for this game to load or I’d play around with in a bit more. The Z3D does work, with the right graphics options set at startup, at least on my nvidia gpu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!