Devil May Cry 5

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Devil May Cry 5

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    senoctar
    Participant

Finally got Z3D to work. It works only in Full Screen with the profile based on RE7.

Now, I’ve tried full screen before, the culprit was actually Steam, sort of. I know the vorpx troubleshooting guide mentions running the game directly, but if Steam is not open the game will refuse to start so I abandoned that approach.
    When launching from Steam everything seems fine. It starts in full screen, you put on the headset, and it seems to hook OK just without Z3D. What happens though is the game switches to windowed shortly after, you just can’t see this inside the headset.

So, to get Z3D working I had to
    – copy the game executable and assign a custom profile based on RE7
    – launch the copied game executable directly, but have steam open at the same time

After all this you need to go to Input Settings and turn off xBox controller override (if you are using one), otherwise the controls are messed up.

FPS will still drop during cutscenes but I can live with that, this is an issue in multiple games.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Hi,
    There an Official G3D profile for DM5 Dx 11 , It works perfectly.

senoctar
    Participant

The FPS in official G3D profile is too low to be playable, at least if you are sensible to motion sickness. I get 35-40 FPS on a 1080ti (config set to DX11, vsync forced off etc.), whereas with no depth I get 120-160.

senoctar
    Participant

Steam just updated DMC 5 and now the game crashes.
    It fails creating the swapchain: https://imgur.com/a/pDAi7HI
    This is with the official profile

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll take a look at it for the next vorpX update.

For the time being running the game windowed instead of fullscreen seems to help.

senoctar
    Participant

I can confirm it works in windowed mode now. I could swear that before the update it used to be the other way around.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!