Difficulties with Vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support Difficulties with Vorpx

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mareknr
    Participant

I will make some other tests. Thanks for answering me Ralf. I hope I find out how to get it work.

Laser
    Participant

The DK2 has to be set to “Portrait”.

I don’t know why directions allways refer to changing orientation to portrait, maybe its an nvidia thing but to make desktop show the right way for me is to use landscape(flipped). And I am using R290.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s a great hint. Thanks. I will check this with a R290 tomorrow.

Jonb3331
    Participant

@Ralf Dxdiag sent.

@Laser
    I agree I have a GTX 670 All the latest drivers installed and I too have to use Landscape Flipped to make it look right.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Ok, seems to be a Windows 8.1 issue. Windows 8 apparently changed the orientation handling, or maybe the Oculus driver reports something else in Windows 8, who knows.

Using Landscape Flipped works here, both for the desktop and ingame (only tested Skyrim briefly)

Sorry for the confusion, we skipped the usual pre-release testing cycle to get this release out as soon as possible. I knew that wasn’t a very good idea…

Jonb3331
    Participant

The problem that I have with this is that when I attempt to start in landscaped flipped it tells me that the resolution is not supported. Everything is set to 1920×1080 My mind is blown.

Jonb3331
    Participant

Okay I just tried again with Skyrim and it seems to be working. That said it looks as if everything is zoomed in. How can I fix this? For example at the very start I cannot see the menu. I can see everything else and just have to go based on memory. Anyway to fix this? perhaps FOV but that wouldnt affect the menu system would it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Now were getting to the easier parts:

The zoomed in image can be resolved by following the hint in the first vorpX window that appears when you start Skyrim. The keyword here is FOV. Check the “How to get the most out of vorpX guide” in the documentation for more about this in general.

Menus: vorpX has a special feature to deal with this called EdgePeek (press or hold the middle mouse button). Additional information about this and other useful things can be found in the “quick reference” of the documentation.

Reading both sections of the documentation will help you a lot in regard to learning what vorpX can do. Most basic usage related questions that came up over the last 10 months are covered there.

Maniac
    Participant

Why my vorpx not work with all 64 bits games?

My computer.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4znB1qoqAZ4ZHR6cFJlS2Qyamc/edit?usp=sharing

Laser
    Participant

Ok, seems to be a Windows 8.1 issue. Windows 8 apparently changed the orientation handling, or maybe the Oculus driver reports something else in Windows 8, who knows.

Sorry for the confusion, we skipped the usual pre-release testing cycle to get this release out as soon as possible. I knew that wasn’t a very good idea…

Yep running 8.1 here. And I don’t mind little mistakes like that. I have been waiting for the dk2 support (bought vorpx today) and while I too have problems getting some games to run, I rather use beta drivers than no drivers at all. Lots of tweaks available too inside the game which I like. One feature that I was looking for is a built in fps counter, would that be possible to implement?

For some games I too get the resolution not supported while trying to start a game but I think it tries to use my monitors 2560×1440 resolution instead of OR, I have to try running only with OR connected to see if that helps. Anyway thanks for the drivers Ralf. :)

Jonb3331
    Participant

@ Ralf i set the Fov to 120 in game. The problem is that I am still unable to see any of the Hud. For example the compass. I can see just the very bottom of it but no matter what I set the FOV to it doesnt help.

Laser
    Participant

I think you just need to mod the UI to fix those issues, Im sure there will be mod packages and guides for that soon. Of course you ccan temporarily switch to wider view with middle mouse button.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ jon: Did you check the quick reference? Edgepeek allows you to look around the screen. In Skyrim you can also scale the UI. This is also explained in the quick reference.

Reading the documentation thoroughly saves you a lot of head scratching. Believe me, I wrote it. :)

Jonb3331
    Participant

ROFL Yeah I believe you… It is just all of those words =P Thanks I got it working and it is totally amazing even with zero mods just mind blowing to be honest!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!