“Direct Mode Show Original” always on

Homepage Forums Technical Support “Direct Mode Show Original” always on

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can’t reach 45ps, reduce graphics settings and/or remove performance degrading mods. You won’t have a smooth experience until you reach 45fps (you can check your frame rate with ALT+F). There is no perfomance difference in Skyrim between the old and the new vorpX version, this game is tested on a regular basis. As said before, on Vive it’s even slightly faster than before.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

not playing skyrim im saying its affecting all games in general going thro vorpx , trust ralp got 3k worth of pc ranking about 78th in world in unity vally bench i know what talking about i am not knocking vorpx it is flawless i can even maintain upto 90 fps on gta5 with my pc using monitor matching headset if have an old 60hz monitor please try for self it affecting your program i was just wondering if there a workaround instead of buying a new tv

Ralf
    Keymaster

I honestly can’t follow you, sorry. Disabling VSync removes any link between the display refresh rate and the frame rate a game can run with. Without VSync you can run a game at 1000fps on a 60Hz monitor, provided your graphics card can handle that.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

its ok i will just get new tv but now these posts are up if start getting others saying same as me please try for my sake with 60hz monitor yes vsync off for yourself ….. its not working lol if it does and still maintain full fps no judder let me know , but saying i have just tested my self with different monitor that goes up to 120hz its working no judder in vorpx thats why was here asking you why is that ?? im not an expert lol

chukovskiy
    Participant

Did you apply the Game Settings Optimizer settings in the vorpX config app? Skyrim is one of the regular test cases here and I can assure you that in runs smoothly at 45fps (and full 90fps in interiors on a fast machine) on a 60Hz monitor with vopX 17.1 with the mirror window shown. It also has the exact same performance as before (on Vive even slightly better).

I applied them of course. And described “60 FPS lock issue” happens to me without VorpX and even with Oculus unplugged. I run Skyrim SE, get 24 fps during first logo and then cap of 61 in actual game. Fat horizontal distortions are present, which tells me it’s not a VSync issue. I even overclocked my monitor to 65 Hz so 60 is no more native. No change. I know it’s an issue and I’m sure it takes place only on some systems. What causes it is a mystery. I found that in some cases Win10’s Xbox DVR may cause similar problem, but disabling it did nothing aswell. Problem like this seems to be sort of common (for Win10 users?), as like there: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747694749 . Soooo… just saying. VSync off doesn’t help, fullscreen/bordelress neither, changing monitor refresh rate neither. Any other game feels free to run at 100+ fps without VSync.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The option to disable the mirror window will be brought back with the next update although it doesn’t really make any sense anymore technically. So if you think that may help you with your issue, maybe it will. I wouldn’t count on it though.

Since your problem isn’t related to vorpX, it would probably make more sense to solve the actual issue you are encountering on your PC with Skyrim. Unfortunately I can’t really help you with that, sorry.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

chukovskiy if your monitor can go higher set it to 90hz to match your headset if vive or oculus if monitor can support it fixed my problems the same as you are explaining it is monitor being at low hz giving matching fps if set monitor to 90hz i now get 90fps again and no bar tearing your mentioning buttter smooth again

chukovskiy
    Participant

chukovskiy if your monitor can go higher set it to 90hz to match your headset if vive or oculus if monitor can support it fixed my problems the same as you are explaining it is monitor being at low hz giving matching fps if set monitor to 90hz i now get 90fps again and no bar tearing your mentioning buttter smooth again

It can but to certain degree. Max seems to be 75 Hz, but I don’t really like it at all because of unstable behaviour.

@Ralf Thanks, looking forward to see what would change. Now I have pretty much detailed picture of performance to compare with future.

chukovskiy
    Participant

Few words about FPS lock/unlock in Skyrim.

Open Skyrim.ini
    Add this line under [Display]

bLockFramerate=0

Has nothing to do with VSync or performance though.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!