Don’t let Shader/profile editing intimidate you, its easy.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Don’t let Shader/profile editing intimidate you, its easy.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Your reply was deleted because of your personal attacks, you are well aware of that.

Your wish for more detailed explanations is duly noted.

RAGEdemon
    Blocked

[Partially shortened, you know why. Next time you get personal in any way results in a ban. Thanks for your understanding.]

It’s good that request for more detailed documentation is considered.

Cheers.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

can this fix things like when the game says it’s in geometry 3D but there’s no 3D?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, shader authoring is the second step used to refine a profile that is already basically working.

If you want to create a user profile for an unknown game, you can try to make a copy of an existing profile that uses the same 3D engine. To find out what engine a game is based on you can use e.g. RJK’s engine checker. If you can’t find your game there, Wikipedia pages for games often also have this information.

You can find more detailed instructions on the matter in the vorpX help under ‘User Profiles’.

cercata
    Participant

I wonder what’s the problem with shadows … I guess the games use some 2D tricks to cast shadows instead of making them on 3D that would be more GPU Intensive.

When I enabled G3D in kingdom Come Deliverance, I had some weird flickring in the image I didn’t know what it was, until I realiced shadows were different for each eye.

After I disabled an option about shadows on VorpX (S3D something) there was no more flickering, and some shadows were missing, but other shadows are still there, and I can asure you that playing a game like KCD with VR on 2020 is priceless, even with missing shadows.

nrosko
    Participant

I’m trying to fix the shadow issue of inside but if there is a profile already there I’m not able to create a new profile from it. Is there a way around this?

dborosev
    Participant

You can create your own profiles based on profiles that are already there

nrosko
    Participant

Yes but when i point it to the exe. on the new profile it says there is another profile with this exe. & when i try to remove the exe from that profile it grayed out so i can’t. It’s the same with all the native app profiles.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!