double screens

Homepage Forums Technical Support double screens

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    derkaderk
    Participant

When I set my dk2 to extend desktop mode and run a game (like skyrim) I get double screens. Like double vision.

I’m running the rift as main display(portrait) with an extra monitor as a clone at 75hz. with direct mode it works fine for most demos. only extended mode gives me this double vision.

Can anybody help solve this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that you use the Rift’s native resoulution in your games (1920×1080 in case of the DK2). If you use Windows 8, please also check the Windows 8 sticky above.

As a precaution you should also disable your additional monitor. Just to make sure that this isn’t the source of the error.

lalomartins
    Participant

I’m having this problem with Portal 2, I believe it’s because I installed and tried SteamVR :-/ now I can play it on the Rift just fine if I turn off vorpX, but I want to try with vorpX so I get head tracking. Anyone has an idea how to turn off SteamVR? I find the option in the config for Half Life, but not for Portal 2.

zneeger
    Participant

I think I have the same problem when running in extended display mode.
    It seems that the images are reversed; the image showing on the left eye are actually the one for the right eye and vice versa.

This makes me get a constant double vision, and is not really comfortable. It is only affecting vorpX; all the other demos I have tried so far works like a charm.

For reference I am on a intel i7 4770K with 2x780ti SLI.

lalomartins
    Participant

In the Source/SteamVR version of the problem, if I take off the headset and look carefully into its screen, I’ll see there are actually 3 pictures there; they’re positioned precisely right, so when I have the headset on, I see two (the middle one overlaps with the left for the left eye and the right for the right eye). I’s a little funny actually :-) I guess vorpX and SteamVR are both “stereoscoping” the image in turns

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ zneeger: reversed images should not be possible. There are however three things that can make it hard to converge:

1. The game is not set to the correct resolution (should be 1920×1080 for DK2)

2. The IPD is wrong: Dial in your IPD manually. Experiment with the setting, especially too high values cause problems. This can either be done in the config app or ingame.

If you use an Oculus profile in the vorpX config app, please set this option to “Do not use an Oculus profile”. Reading values from Oculus profiles is buggy in this vorpX version.

3. The 3D-Strength is set too high. If you changed this setting in the vorpX config menu, please lower it to the default value (1.0).

derkaderk
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I got it to work by making sure the resolution of Skyrim is 1920×1080. And i set my other monitor to extend desktop instead of clone with my rift as primary monitor. makes it a little tricky to start a game but hey it works.

Skyrim looks really great with the rift so kudos to vorpx for making it work.
    One problem I have is the foliage in the game seems to be flashing a little bit (like a neon lightbulb, but only a small value change) which gets nauseating after a while. It could be my quality settings are too high though. have to experiment.

Sonny
    Participant

Did you get it working zneeger? I have the same problem…

Dator99
    Participant

Hey, i think i have the same issue i have two screens for each eye in different games with vorpx and in different demos and last but not least the demo scene from the utility. I tried everything mentioned in this thread but nothing works plus i tried to reinstall everything and updated the firmware. I habe this issue since a couple of months but used it since then without any problems.

Dator99
    Participant

Skyrim seems to work idk why

Ralf
    Keymaster

This sounds very much like an issue with a recent nVidia driver that forced the DK2 into a mode that displays two screens. Should be fixed with he latest one. Otherwise 347.09 was the last working before they introduced this problem IIRC.

lalomartins
    Participant

The computer that has this problem for me is ATI. That said, I haven’t tried vorpX in months — I’ll check tomorrow (update all relevant software first — vorpX, ATI driver, Oculus SDK and firmware) and let you know if it still happens.

Dator99
    Participant

well is it possible to turn this nvidia option off in the nvidia system settings or need i an other version off the driver ?
    my version atm is 347.09

Dator99
    Participant

the driver called stereo 3d driver i uninstalled it with a tool but no difference =(

Dator99
    Participant

i installed the nvidia game ready driver this solved my issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!