Enderal : Forgotten Stories (2019)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Enderal : Forgotten Stories (2019)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Michelangel0
    Participant

Hi there guys!

This is a free game (originally a mod for skyrim) if you have the original skyrim in Steam.
    As Skyrim was supported on VorpX why is this game getting almost a crash when starting to play?

Can anyone help how to make it work correctly?

dellrifter22
    Participant

Oh is this finally out? I almost forgot about it. Installing to try out later.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Brief testing found you must disable the built in ENBoost to avoid d3d9.dll conflict. This is easy: run Enderal Launcher, open Settings, Optimization tab, click ENBoost button so it is no longer blue, save settings. This basically just removes the d3d9.dll.

Now the game should run in vorpX with working directVR. It might seem to hang during opening cutscenes, but should respond again once loaded in game. Save often, you never know when the game could crash.

If you get any camera stutter, disable Positional tracking in the vorpX menu Direct VR page.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Brief testing found you must disable the built in ENBoost to avoid d3d9.dll conflict. This is easy: run Enderal Launcher, open Settings, Optimization tab, click ENBoost button so it is no longer blue, save settings. This basically just removes the d3d9.dll.

Now the game should run in vorpX with working directVR. It might seem to hang during opening cutscenes, but should respond again once loaded in game. Save often, you never know when the game could crash.

If you get any camera stutter, disable Positional tracking in the vorpX menu Direct VR page.

Thank you but the crash it is almost immediatly when starting the game… I can acess to the game menu, will try to disable positional tracking today to check.

The most I got was 2 seconds when the game looked AMAZING in Glorious3D and crashed to desktop hehehe

Michelangel0
    Participant

Ok I just tried and the game crashes anyway with the positional setting disabled

It barely starts I can see everything in 3D but the game crashes at 3rd second.

HELP anyone?
    RALPH?

Baktus
    Participant

you have to rename enderal/d3d9.dll

vorpx tells that, i did and —-im starting now in 120 hours of best vr gameplay —-:)

Michelangel0
    Participant

you have to rename enderal/d3d9.dll

vorpx tells that, i did and —-im starting now in 120 hours of best vr gameplay —-:)

I did that the very first time, yes, but how could this be that you are not having issues at all?

Wait, are you using the mod installed or the new released version from steam?
    Because this one from steam is the one I have: https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

And I know that the current VorpX should work because it is actually the old Skyrim

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve only played about 30 mins into the beginning so far, on the newly released steam version of Enderal, but it seems to be working fine.

I don’t know if it completely ignores old mods I had installed form vanilla skyrim or not, but it seemed vanilla to me.

The only thing I would think to try for now would be evaluate your hardware if you think you might be low on ram or vram. You could try changing some of those built in optimizations in the launcher. Does the game crash the same without vorpX?

If not a big bother, you could try backing up your skyrim and reinstalling it fresh. Or search other Enderal forums for similar crashes, they may have answers I havn’t the time to check atm. Good luck man.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I’ve only played about 30 mins into the beginning so far, on the newly released steam version of Enderal, but it seems to be working fine.

I don’t know if it completely ignores old mods I had installed form vanilla skyrim or not, but it seemed vanilla to me.

The only thing I would think to try for now would be evaluate your hardware if you think you might be low on ram or vram. You could try changing some of those built in optimizations in the launcher. Does the game crash the same without vorpX?

If not a big bother, you could try backing up your skyrim and reinstalling it fresh. Or search other Enderal forums for similar crashes, they may have answers I havn’t the time to check atm. Good luck man.

The game works great without VorpX!
    If I use VorpX I can see the main menu correctly, if I try to load a game the game crashes when the game is starting in 3 seconds. :(

What resolution are you using? maybe that is the difference. Also I have disabled both optimizations from the Enderal Settings the ENB and the allinone

Michelangel0
    Participant

Noboy tried a way to set VorpX to work correctly with this latest version of Enderal?

The only 2 available profiles in the cloud are for the old mod (total conversion) and this new Game version on Steam crashes really fast.

HELP?
    If the old skyrim works flawlessly with VorpX why this new version crashes so fast? :(

dellrifter22
    Participant

You say the game runs fine without vorpX? does the crash happen on it’s own, or only when you try to do a directVR scan?

What are your system specs? what video card, how much ram memory?

It’s possible you are hitting a memory limit and crashing the game. I imagine Enderal is using heavy modification to push the limit beyond skyrim’s memory limit. Keep in mind that vorpX needs additional memory usage on top of what the game uses alone.

You could trying lowering the resolution and see if that helps, and turn all settings down to low for testing.

Michelangel0
    Participant

You say the game runs fine without vorpX? does the crash happen on it’s own, or only when you try to do a directVR scan?

The game runs perfect without VorpX, actually I’m playing it, and that is why I would love to see it in VR.

The crash happens just by loading any savegame or starting to play, I cannot even try to do DirectVR or change any settings as it happens really fast.

What are your system specs? what video card, how much ram memory?

I7 4790k + 16Gb + EVGA 1080ftw (factory oced) + Vive Pro
    Other games work flawlessly

It’s possible you are hitting a memory limit and crashing the game. I imagine Enderal is using heavy modification to push the limit beyond skyrim’s memory limit. Keep in mind that vorpX needs additional memory usage on top of what the game uses alone.

You could trying lowering the resolution and see if that helps, and turn all settings down to low for testing.

Thanks I will try that too, and yes, Enderal is using some optimizations I will try to disable everything just for troubleshooting.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I did it and it worked!! thanks for the recommendation!!

Somehow disabling all the optimizations and lowering to 1024×768 worked correctly and I could even run the DirectVR!!!

Now I will keep testing to see how much I can improve the quality without any crashes but yesterday I managed to play 1 hour without any crashes :)

And it looks amazing in VR!!!!!!!

tom69
    Participant

Hi All,

I am having a very similar issue. Within seconds (normally 1-2 seconds) of starting the game it crashes to desktop. I have the following specs and have had no issue running much more demanding games in VR through VorpX:
    – i7-7700K @4.2GHz
    – 32GB RAM
    – GTX 1080
    – Oculus Rift

I have tried playing about with the settings and running at the lowest possible resolution and graphics settings with optimisations off and on. I’m not sure what is the best setting for CPU cores and RAM usage for testing purposes but have also played around with different settings for these. It all makes no difference…

Anyone have any other ideas I can try?

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

As far as I am aware this mod comes with a custom d3d9.dll that hooks the exact same D3D functions that vorpX hooks. Two competing hooks usually don’t work at all or are at best the reason for all sorts of unpredictable behavior.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!